Other template related options in the drop down include:
- Add New Template – this takes you to the form to add a new template not based on any existing template.
- Revert all Templates – this will automatically remove all templates that have been customized in this style. The templates in this style will become equivalent to the templates of its parent style.
On the left, you will see a list of templates (white background) and template groups (black background). On the right, you will see 5 buttons. Any buttons you cannot use will be grayed out.
- Customize – if a template has yet to be edited in this style, click this button to edit it.
- Expand/Collapse – this button expands or collapses a specific template group.
- Edit – if a template has already been edited in this style, click this button to edit it further. This is effectively the same action as Customize.
- View Original – if the selected template has been edited in this style, clicking this button will show you the original version of the template.
- Revert – this button allows you to revert a template to the version that is being used in the parent style (or the original if there is no parent style). If the template being reverted is a custom template with no corresponding original/default then it will be deleted.
Templates are color coded as follows:
- Black – this template is unmodified in this style or any parent styles. The version included with vBulletin will be used.
- Orange – this template has been modified in a parent style, but not in this style. The modified template will be used.
- Red – this template has been modified in this style. The customized version will be used.
The template manager will look significantly different in browsers other than Internet Explorer. However, the functionality is the same.