• Show
Clear All
  • I, Brian
    • Feb 2003
    • 3.6.x

Easy question: how do I change this?

A silly easy question bt I need to ask.

On my forum:

the actual column "forum" had become a little squeezed, and the column "last post" has really become the focus of the board.

Where do I actually edit the widths for these two columns, please?

• the Sandman
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.7.x

You could make the template modification Floris suggests Here.
    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
    Articles - Forum Review
    Interviews:
    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
    Paul M

Comment

• I, Brian
      • Feb 2003
      • 3.6.x

Just to update - I'm not a coder, just HTML editing - but couldn't get the table to show the width I really wanted so gave up. I figured I didn't know enough about which exact template to edit (and I'm afraid Floris's tute wasn't really applicable).

Then I realised just a few moments ago that the column with latest thread title was changing according to title length - and in the recesses of my mind remembered something about an "alter title length" in the vB options - just been to visit and it's in: Forum Listings Display Options

I changed Last Thread Title Maximum Displayed Characters to 25 instead of 50, and that has my original problem solved.

Just thought I'd post that for the record, in case anyone else is ever in a similar situation.

Comment

• digitalpoint
        • Mar 2004
        • 4.1.x

Not sure if it would work with your header, but you might also consider spanning the forum the width the user's browser allows instead of a set width (I think it's sometimes called "Liquid" within the templates).

- Shawn
        Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
        Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• boiboi
          • May 2001

How do i get rid of the last thread display people stop clicking on the forum and tend to overlook other threads.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...