X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessicajonnie
    • Feb 2013
    • 5.0.X

Database error when trying to add a custom module

Hi I am having a problem with adding a custom module. This is a new forum that I have set up on our site. www.zcorum.com/forums. I receive a database error when I try to add a custom module. Steps to recreate the issue can be found below. Thanks for your help!
    1. vBulletin Version: 5.0.5
    2. PHP Version: 4.1.8
    3. MySQL Version: 5.1.73-cll
    4. Any Addons installed: Product : VigLink and Forum Runner
    5. Does the issue occur in a default style? Yes
    6. Error message on the screen': Error retrieving cloned widget template. (Error code 500) Then, another window opens and says: Invalid server response.

Please try again. Then, I get an email that says: Database error in vBulletin 5.0.5:

Invalid SQL:
      INSERT INTO widgetdefinition (`widgetid`,`field`,`name`,`label`,`defaultvalue`,`isusereditable`,`isrequired`,`displayor der`,`validationtype`,`validationmethod`,`product`,`data`,`template`) VALUES (114,'LongText','html','','phrase:widget_statichtml_html_defaultvalue',1,0,2,'force_dataty pe','','vbulletin','','widget_statichtml'),(114,'Text','title','','phrase:widget_statichtm l_title_defaultvalue',1,1,1,'force_datatype','','vbulletin','','widget_statichtml'),(114,' YesNo','hide_title','',0,1,0,3,'force_datatype','','vbulletin','','widget_statichtml')
      /**widgetdefinition**/;

MySQL Error : Unknown column 'template' in 'field list'
      Error Number : 1054
      Request Date : Tuesday, March 4th 2014 @ 01:22:16 PM
      Error Date : Tuesday, March 4th 2014 @ 01:22:16 PM
      Script : http:///forums/ajax/api/widget/cloneWidget
      Referrer :
      http://www.zcorum.com/forums/preequalization-analyzer/announcements-aa
      IP Address : 107.206.30.27
      Username : zcorum
      Classname : vB_Database_MySQL
      MySQL Version : 5.1.73-cll
    7. Browser and Browser version used: Firefox 27.0.1
    8. A list of steps that can be used to recreate the issue.
    When I go into the site editor mode and edit page > add modules > my custom modules > create new custom module > choose base module > (this is where I get the error)

Any help or insight would be helpful.

Jessica
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Don't use Custom Modules.

Just use a new module from the main list.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jessicajonnie
      • Feb 2013
      • 5.0.X

I guess I have a bigger problem. The reason I am trying to use custom modules is because when I save a template page, it looks like it saves, but doesn't save any of the modules with it. So, I have lots of pages that I want to have the same modules in the sidebar--and instead of being able to pick the template and it work, it doesn't. It loads a template without any modules. I tried on several different pages and saved a custom template, but when I pick it when setting up a different page all the modules are missing.

What lead me to my first question was I thought maybe I could make the modules once and add to each page since the templates weren't working properly. Maybe my question should have been...why are my custom templates not saving with the modules I made on that page so I can use them on another page? Right now, I have to set up every forum as if it's the first one.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

If you want all your forums to look the same, add your modules and save the page. Where it asks if you want to overwrite the template, say Yes.

Would need more information on why you're having other problems though. Including a list of steps to recreate the exact problem.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jessicajonnie
          • Feb 2013
          • 5.0.X

That's what I tried to do, but it didn't work...should I make a new post when going through the steps? I did exactly what you said...it saves a template (or appears to), but when I go in to pick that particular template for a new page/forum, the template is completely empty, without any modules, not even the standard ones that were included like announcements. That's when I started trying to add custom modules, so if the page tempate wasn't working at least I could quickly go in and add the same modules.

When I ran into the database error with the custom modules, I thought maybe these two things were tied together. If the database rejected the custom widget, maybe that's why it wasn't saving the modules in the template. One thing might not have anything to do with the other, but when trying to save the template by the method you described above, it didn't give me an error, it just didn't save the modules on the template.

Comment