X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janslu
    • May 2006

renewal pricing?

Hi,
    I have an expired license for mobile suite (there was no updates for an extended period of time). But I can't find a renewal pricing anymore? Do I have to repurchase the license for 199 if/when the 1.4 goes out?
  • beishe8
    • Oct 2005
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by janslu
    Hi,
    I have an expired license for mobile suite (there was no updates for an extended period of time). But I can't find a renewal pricing anymore? Do I have to repurchase the license for 199 if/when the 1.4 goes out?

Ok, how much will it be?
    The price is $199 which covers the first years updates and support, and it is $99 to renew. (i.e. it costs you $199 up front, then $99 each 12 months beyond that).
    This fee will cover the branded iPhone application, the branded Android application and future mobile applications that we elect to develop.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• SteveLV702
      • Aug 2009

Ya I go to renew mine and on ALL my licenses its showing the renewal as being $199 not $99
      ------------------------------------------
      Steve
      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• acwatts
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.8.x

Some more of us here https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...grades-for-VB4

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

I would advise not renewing your vB Mobile suite license right now. If there is a specific change you need to do for a recompile, please contact the support staff and request for Wayne or Zachery to look over the request.

Comment

• SteveLV702
            • Aug 2009

Zachery may I ask why? cool can I just get a free license renewal then ?
            ------------------------------------------
            Steve
            DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

There isn't anything new, and renewing early doesn't make sense if there is an update.

Comment

• janslu
                • May 2006

Ok, thanks. Nothing really urgent, I'll just keep waiting for vb 4.2.1 and 1.4 mobile suite.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

This should be resolved soon, within a week or so.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                    I would advise not renewing your vB Mobile suite license right now. If there is a specific change you need to do for a recompile, please contact the support staff and request for Wayne or Zachery to look over the request.
                    Why is this the case? That isn't what the Mobile Suite license calls for. Users are supposed to have the ability to have access to the current version of the software they paid for the same way as has been the case here with vBulletin 3 for many years.
                    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by slinky
                      Why is this the case? That isn't what the Mobile Suite license calls for. Users are supposed to have the ability to have access to the current version of the software they paid for the same way as has been the case here with vBulletin 3 for many years.
                      Different products, different methodologies. Only the latest version of the Mobile Suite is available ever. We don't maintain previous builds.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        Different products, different methodologies. Only the latest version of the Mobile Suite is available ever. We don't maintain previous builds.
                        OK. So if a customer is entitled to Mobile Suite version 1.3 today and his license to receive updates expires tomorrow, why is the customer's access to version 1.3 is cut off to download version 1.3 which he is entitled to have? In addition, how is a customers supposed to know that once you release a new version, you're not allowing them access to their current version of the software and ability to generate their own builds?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by slinky
                          OK. So if a customer is entitled to Mobile Suite version 1.3 today and his license to receive updates expires tomorrow, why is the customer's access to version 1.3 is cut off to download version 1.3 which he is entitled to have?
                          We're working to resolve this currently. it really as simple as it seems With vBulletin, we just have a large number of directories holding the releases. Can't do that with a compiled product.

In addition, how is a customers supposed to know that once you release a new version, you're not allowing them access to their current version of the software and ability to generate their own builds?
                          Really just a rewording of the question above.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            We're working to resolve this currently. it really as simple as it seems With vBulletin, we just have a large number of directories holding the releases. Can't do that with a compiled product.
                            This issue was completely foreseeable over a year and a half ago when the problem was sold. It's adequate to tell customers for many months that you're only now working to resolve internal administrative issues at vBulletin Solutions? No apology either. It's as if it's the right of the company to do this to the customer. I'm hoping you can elaborate.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

Don't see the need to. The people who provide the support aren't the ones who designed the system. The issue only became apparent when licenses started expiring. So we brought the issue up, went through the proper channels to get it resolved and it is being worked on. That is how things work in the real world sometimes.

We're working to resolve the issue. I am not going to apologize for doing my job and getting things fixed.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...