Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tnedator
    • Aug 2007

Report Post links not working

(Moved here from this thread - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...deration-tools )
    Originally posted by Lynne
    Can you give me an example of the reported post with the broken link?
    The links inside the reported posts, which should bring you to the post that was reported if you click on it, instead gives you something like: vb:showthread/t=378473
    Last edited by Lynne; Thu 28 Apr '11, 7:37am.
    BroncosForums.com - Broncos Fan Forum
    Total Broncos - Denver Broncos Blog and News
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Try looking at your reportpost_newthread phrase and make sure you haven't modified it at all.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• tnedator
      • Aug 2007

Try looking at your reportpost_newthread phrase and make sure you haven't modified it at all.
      I checked. That phrase has not been changed. Any other thoughts on what to check on my end?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

What are the contents of that phrase? Do you have other languages installed?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• tnedator
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          What are the contents of that phrase? Do you have other languages installed?
          No additional languages installed. The phrase is:

Standard Phrase: reportpost_newthread (id: 70463)

Varname $vbphrase[reportpost_newthread]
          Text Reported Post by $reportinfo[rusername]

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

That is not the correct phrase. Look in your Reported post forum and see what the full reported post looks like. It should look something like:
            XXXXX has reported a post.

Reason:
            My reason here.
            Forum: Main Forum
            Assigned Moderators: zzzz,xxxx

Posted by: YYYYYY
            Original Content:
            Original Content Here.
            If yours doesn't look like that, then you are not using the default phrase "reportpost_newthread" - phrase type Email Body Text. That phrase should look like this:
            Code:
            [noparse]
            [URL="http://$reportinfo[reporterlink"]]$reportinfo[rusername][/URL] has reported a post.

Reason:[quote]$reportinfo[reason][/quote]
            Post: [URL="http://$reportinfo[postlink"]]$reportinfo[prefix_plain]$reportinfo[threadtitle][/URL]
            Forum: $reportinfo[forumtitle]
            Assigned Moderators: $reportinfo[modlist]

Posted by: [URL="http://$reportinfo[posterlink"]]$reportinfo[pusername][/URL]
            Original Content: [quote]$reportinfo[pagetext][/quote]
            [/noparse]

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• tnedator
              • Aug 2007

That is not the correct phrase. Look in your Reported post forum and see what the full reported post looks like. It should look something like:
              If yours doesn't look like that, then you are not using the default phrase "reportpost_newthread" - phrase type Email Body Text. That phrase should look like this:
              Code:
              [noparse]
              [URL="http://$reportinfo[reporterlink"]]$reportinfo[rusername][/URL] has reported a post.

Reason:
              Post: [URL="http://$reportinfo[postlink"]]$reportinfo[prefix_plain]$reportinfo[threadtitle][/URL]

Posted by: [URL="http://$reportinfo[posterlink"]]$reportinfo[pusername][/URL]
              Original Content: 
              [/noparse]
              I was looking at the phrase in email subject, not email body. Here is the one in email body:

reportpost_newthread - email body

Code:
              [noparse]Varname 	$vbphrase[reportpost_newthread]
              Text 	[url=$vboptions[bburl]/member.php?u=$reportinfo[ruserid]]$reportinfo[rusername][/url] has reported a post.

Reason:[quote]$reportinfo[reason][/quote]
              Post: [url=$vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?p=$reportinfo[postid]#post$reportinfo[postid]]$reportinfo[prefix_plain]$reportinfo[threadtitle][/url]

Posted by: [url=$vboptions[bburl]/member.php?u=$reportinfo[puserid]]$reportinfo[pusername][/url]
              Original Content: [quote]$reportinfo[pagetext][/quote][/noparse]
              It's not quite the same as yours, assuming we are displaying the same phrase. I am running 3.8.6. It has not been modified, that appears to be the vB default.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by tnedator
                The links inside the reported posts, which should bring you to the post that was reported if you click on it, instead gives you something like: vb:showthread/t=378473
                Originally posted by tnedator
                I was looking at the phrase in email subject, not email body. Here is the one in email body:

reportpost_newthread - email body

Code:
                [noparse]Varname 	$vbphrase[reportpost_newthread]
                Text 	[url=$vboptions[bburl]/member.php?u=$reportinfo[ruserid]]$reportinfo[rusername][/url] has reported a post.

Reason:
                Post: [url=$vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?p=$reportinfo[postid]#post$reportinfo[postid]]$reportinfo[prefix_plain]$reportinfo[threadtitle][/url]

Posted by: [url=$vboptions[bburl]/member.php?u=$reportinfo[puserid]]$reportinfo[pusername][/url]
                Original Content: [/noparse]
                It's not quite the same as yours, assuming we are displaying the same phrase. I am running 3.8.6. It has not been modified, that appears to be the vB default.
                Can we see exactly what a reported post looks like on your site? There is no "t=" in the link anywhere, so I don't see how your link can have a "t=" in it.

Comment

• tnedator
                  • Aug 2007

This is only an issue in the mobile app, not vBulletin itself. I have to double check the mobile app when I get a chance to see if it has the T. The part I was trying to get to was that it was showing the vb: and then a partial link, rather than an actual link you can go to.

I have to run out, can you confirm that you want the information from a reported post in vB 3.8, when the problem I was aking about was related to the mobile app only?

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

I did not realize it was related to only the mobile app. I'll move this back to that forum, but I do think it's good to have this in it's own thread rather than the original.

So, can you clarify this... Are you saying you report a post while using the mobile app and then the link is broken in the reported post. Or, are you saying that viewing already existing reported posts while using the mobile app has the broken links?

Comment

• tnedator
                      • Aug 2007

A reported post, which is reported by someone using the traditional web interface, has a broken link when you view the reported post in the mobile app. The links are all fine when viewing the same reported post via the web interface. Based on everything I have read about broken links in the mobile app after I intially posted that, I assume it's related to the mobile app having a problem with links.

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

I just went to the app on my site (3.8 site) and went to a Reported Post. When you first click on it, it's all text (the links just show the text). You click on anything there and then it shows just the single post with links enabled (I find this rather strange) and those are the links I am able to click on. In the first screen where no links are clickable, none of them have a vb: in front of them, nor a "t=" in them. (None should have a "t=" in them.)

On the browser site, if you go to the reported post, do any of those links have a "t=" in them?

Comment

• tnedator
                          • Aug 2007

I just went to the app on my site (3.8 site) and went to a Reported Post. When you first click on it, it's all text (the links just show the text). You click on anything there and then it shows just the single post with links enabled (I find this rather strange) and those are the links I am able to click on. In the first screen where no links are clickable, none of them have a vb: in front of them, nor a "t=" in them. (None should have a "t=" in them.)

On the browser site, if you go to the reported post, do any of those links have a "t=" in them?
                          Sorry about the confustion on the "t". I was using the broken link that someone else reported in one of the mobile threads as an example, but as I said, I wasn't sure if their was a t. I've been traveling, and haven't had a chance to check this out.

Anyway, here is what happens when clicking on a link to the right of "Post:" in a reported post in the moible app. Rather than take you to the reported post so you can take action, you get this error: the web page at vb:showthread/p=1251401 might be temporarily down..."

Comment

• Kyle Furlong
                            • Jan 2011

This is a known issue that will be fixed in 1.1

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...