Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tnedator
    • Aug 2007

what about moderation tools?

I'm wondering what happened to the moderaion tools that were talked about in the pomo video. When will these be added?
    BroncosForums.com - Broncos Fan Forum
    Total Broncos - Denver Broncos Blog and News
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I have moderation tools on my app - look on the bottom of the page. What specifically are you looking for?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• tnedator
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
      I have moderation tools on my app - look on the bottom of the page. What specifically are you looking for?
      The only thing I have at the bottom is edit. No delete or delete as spam. No ability to ban.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

If in a forum, I have delete, close, move, approve, and stick. If I'm in a thread, I have delete approve (post), approve (att) and move. There is not delete as spam or the ability to ban (I don't think you have the ability to ban from threads normally).

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• tnedator
          • Aug 2007

If in a forum, I have delete, close, move, approve, and stick. If I'm in a thread, I have delete approve (post), approve (att) and move. There is not delete as spam or the ability to ban (I don't think you have the ability to ban from threads normally).
          Ok, I see what's going on. If you go to a thread via home, newest posts, etc, there is no moderation button/link at the bottom of the screen. If you go to forums, enter a forum, then enter a thread, there is a moderation button/link at the bottom.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by tnedator
            Ok, I see what's going on. If you go to a thread via home, newest posts, etc, there is no moderation button/link at the bottom of the screen. If you go to forums, enter a forum, then enter a thread, there is a moderation button/link at the bottom.
            Yep, I noticed that also. So did Anders who put in this bug report - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBM-452

Comment

• tnedator
              • Aug 2007

Yep, I noticed that also. So did Anders who put in this bug report - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBM-452
              I'm not familiar with the bug report on vB. How do you search it? I'm trying to see if the broken links in reported posts is included in a bug report. When you get a reported post, if you click on the link to the thread/post being reported, it gives you a page not found.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Can you give me an example of the reported post with the broken link?

How To: Use Jira
                How to Find an Existing Issue

Comment

• SteveLV702
                  • Aug 2009

to bad cant use my "Spam-O-Matic" plugin from the app as use that to ban people as it submits their IP/Username, etc to a database so gets blocked from registering on all my sites as well as others....
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Steve
                  DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by tnedator
                    I'm not familiar with the bug report on vB. How do you search it? I'm trying to see if the broken links in reported posts is included in a bug report. When you get a reported post, if you click on the link to the thread/post being reported, it gives you a page not found.
                    I moved your posts regarding this issue here - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ks-not-working

Comment