X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olijo
    • Sep 2006
    • 4.2.x

Preview Article for Guest

As i can't have an answer on my ticket for this question by the support (except irony) since 8 days, i try here.
    So i would like to have some article available only with preview, if the guest click on the title to read, the system ask him to register.
    My site is http://soudeurs.com/site.html
    vBulletin Suite v4.1.10PL1
    After trying to search a solution, i found this thread
    Solution given by Edwin Brown was :
    Sorry for not being clear. Permissions are based on sections. What you do is put the articles you want to hide in a section and set the limited permissions on that section. Open the permissions wide on the home section, and use the preview settings per above.
    So i configure my CMS like this :
    Section :
    - Home (available for all, Permissions assigned for guest : can read, can download Attachments).
    - Home --> Articles techniques (available for all, Permissions assigned for guest : can read, can download Attachments).
    In the section Articles techniques there are 19 sections who are not available for guest (Permissions assigned for guest : can't read, can't download attachments).
    But the articles of this 19 sections are configured with the options : Permission Preview : YES.
    Sadly, the guest can't see the sections and the articles. So how can i have the preview only for this 19 sections available for guest?
    Hope someone could help because configure the vBulletin CMS is a real nightmare...
    Regards,
    Olivier
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

They would see the preview permissions in the articles techniques section only. You need to configure that section to show content from sub-sections. They would not see permissions in subsections Articles Techniques because they don't have permission to see those section.

Does this make it clear?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• olijo
      • Sep 2006
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      They would see the preview permissions in the articles techniques section only. You need to configure that section to show content from sub-sections. They would not see permissions in subsections Articles Techniques because they don't have permission to see those section.

Does this make it clear?
      Thank you so much Luke, i really don't understand why you need 8 days to answer this...
      Hope you understand my frustration.
      And now it works.
      Regards,
      Olivier

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You're ticket stated that you wanted them to view the permissions previews in the sections they didn't have permission to view and I told you that this wasn't possible and they would only see them in the parent sections.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• olijo
          • Sep 2006
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          You're ticket stated that you wanted them to view the permissions previews in the sections they didn't have permission to view and I told you that this wasn't possible and they would only see them in the parent sections.
          Ok Luke you are right...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...