Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jca
    • Mar 2005

[Forum] First Post or Last Post Ads affect all posts

If we place an ad in "First Post Content" via the Ad Manager, the first post in a thread shows the right side inline ad as expected, but every post that follows in the thread (including the last post) are showing the blank area (via the .hasad margin CSS) where the right ad would normally be.

What is happening is every post div is getting the hasad css declaration added to it's content div in every case, regardless of being the first/last/any post. This "if" statement in the postbit legacy template doesn't appear to be working properly:

Code:
    <div class="content<vb:if condition="$show['first_ad'] OR $show['last_ad']"> hasad</vb:if>">
    This problem happens in both our custom template and the default template.

Can anyone help?
    jca
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

This is a bug and there is a temporary fix posted in it - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13613

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• jca
      • Mar 2005

Thanks for the link -- I've applied the fix mentioned in the bug tracker -- I assume that fix will be incorporated in the next release's template?

The fix has corrected the repeating ad problem, but the first post ad isn't working as expected -- the message text does not flow around the ad. The ad creates a right side column with the message text staying to the left and not flowing around and underneath the ad.

Is there a (CSS?) fix for this?
      jca

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

The text isn't supposed to flow around the ad.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment