Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs.T
    • Nov 2007
    • 6.0.X

Glenn Vergara - Hi Glenn. Having some strange things suddenly happening with this.

A member reported that adverts had appeared between every post. When I checked he was right yet the settings for the between post adverts are set to only show to those unregistered/not logged in.

I logged in as a test member both on mobile and desktop. In some threads there were adverts between every post, especially on mobile, but on some pages the adverts were not showing at all or only showing one or two.

They shouldn't be showing any adverts at all when logged in.

I've no idea when this started happening because they don't show to me as admin when logged in, it was only today that someone mentioned it and I checked as a registered member.

Any ideas?

Comment

• Mrs.T
      Mrs.T commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for that Carrfixr, much appreciated.

Could you do me a favour and just see how many ads you see between posts on here: https://community.smallmotorhome.co....gr-700-sat-nav

It varies, when we look sometimes one between every post!

• Carrfixr
      Carrfixr commented
      Editing a comment
      I see
      one above the announcement and one under
      Then on the posts the ads are between
      1-2
      3-4
      6-7
      9-10

For sure something is going differently here..

• Mrs.T
      Mrs.T commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for checking. Glad you see them too, thought I was going crazy!

I'll wait and see what Glenn thinks.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Mrs.T it looks like you have Google Adsense 'auto ads' that automatically place ads through machine learning. Here's more info:

And here's the discussion in Adsense Help forum on how to stop the auto ads.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Mrs.T
      • Nov 2007
      • 6.0.X

Glenn Vergara You could well be right but if so it's spooky because I never put the auto ad code on our forum!

I tried them on a completely different site (same AdSense account) but didn't like them so took the code off.

The code for the in-between ads is a specific size so if it is the auto ads then it is over writing them for all sites in the account, even though I only set the code up for the other site.

I'll read your links for getting rid of them - thank you.

and anyone thinking of using them don't bother, they obscured my navigation completely and now seem to have spoilt my forum!

Comment

• Mrs.T
        • Nov 2007
        • 6.0.X

Yes it was the auto ads. I've deleted the settings in AdSense and the between post ads have returned to normal.

​So be warned it seems they can sometimes ignore the usergroup settings. Our between post ads were set to only show to unregistered/not logged in but they were shown to registered users too.

Thanks Glenn and Carfixr

Comment

• Carrfixr
          Carrfixr commented
          Editing a comment
          Glenn is the man
      • adkaush
        • Nov 2016
        • 4.2.x

Tried every code mentioned in this thread. Even added css and tried. The ad just keep sticking to the right of the first post, won't just go down below first post.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          glennrocksvb commented
          Editing a comment
          Please post a link to the page.
      • adkaush
        • Nov 2016
        • 4.2.x

Have posted it in the other thread: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...low-first-post

Comment