• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ceho
    • Mar 2008
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Bug in My Albums?

Hi,

on vB 4.1 when I go to My Albums I found out that the right preview bit with my albums is messed (pls. see attachment). Looks like the previous class "blockhead" gets overwritten from somewhere. It's using whatever kind of attachment as a background and e.g. the borders are wrong as well. I just desperately tried to fix the userprofiles and now I find this... Did anybody see such a problem as well anywhere? Any idea where this might come from, and how to fix this?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I can't find a page that looks like that on my default site. What is the exact link?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ceho
      • Mar 2008
      • 4.1.x

It's in my dev forum. Can I pm you the access?
      sigpic

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Just point me to it here on this site. I just want to see what page it is that you are looking at since I can't find a page that looks like that on my site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• ceho
          • Mar 2008
          • 4.1.x

You just go to Community/My Albums. Some user albums need to haven been updated recently and you need to have at least one picture uploaded to your own album to see the site like this.
          sigpic

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

That uses your customised style for your own album listing.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• ceho
              • Mar 2008
              • 4.1.x

Uhm, thanks, but where can I define/customize the album listings please? I cannot remember that I ever changed anything like this. Thanks!
              sigpic

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

You would need to edit the templates to remove the call to your customised profile data.
                Vote for:

Comment

• ceho
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 4.1.x

Well, the thing is that I don't have a customized profile. And the background picture that is used in this album header background is obviously an attachment from somewhere in the forum. At least it is not in one of my albums.

I updated my test forum from vB 4.0.7 to vB 4.1, only after the update this strange thing happened. I only set up a default profile by following your according articles from the vB CMS.

I don't think removing the call from the template would solve that very issue, nor explain it, do you? I mean, with some effort I could probably do so, but I doubt this is the best solution in regards of using the standard templates here, is it?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Can you create a test account for your site and post it, along with a link, here
                    Vote for:

Comment

• ceho
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 4.1.x

I sent you a pm, thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

• ceho
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 4.1.x

By the way: if I disable profile styling the problem is gone.

I also found out that when you visit an affected album and you want to edit a picture, you have an album background of an image which is NOT in any album. It seems any attachment image is chosen at random. If you try to edit a picture it works, but the Cancel Changes button is not working.

Oh, and I did ALL this here already:

However this is definitely not something that occurs with the default vB code. It has to be either a server issue, or a modification. To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog and vB CMS if you are running the Suite.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                        As said, if I disable the profile customization it's fine again....
                        sigpic

Comment

• mobosix
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 4.2.X

Just FYI, the issue in this thread could be related to your issue. If not, at least it may help other when searching out Album display issues.

Comment

• ceho
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 4.1.x

Saw that in yours, thanks a lot :-). I will try that tonight when I am home.
                            sigpic

Comment

• mobosix
                              • Oct 2003
                              • 4.2.X

also, if you have not fixed the problem with the text being cut off at the bottom of the album boxes, check out this thread.

Comment