• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SWSUSA
    • May 2012
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] I can not update forum vBulletin 4.1.12 to 4.2.0

Good day! I can not update forum vBulletin 4.1.12 to 4.2.0

Updating the second time, first time was in June, and both times failed. I do not know what it is, everything seems to be doing something right.

errors:

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.12:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT *
    FROM navigation
    WHERE state & 4 = 0
    ORDER BY navtype, displayorder;

MySQL Error : Table 'имя базы данных.navigation' doesn't exist
    Error Number : 1146
    Request Date : Wednesday, September 19th 2012 @ 01:36:48 AM
    Error Date : Wednesday, September 19th 2012 @ 01:36:48 AM
    Script : http://мой домен/index.php
    Referrer : http://мой домен/index.php
    IP Address : айпи адрес
    Username : Незарегистрированный
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
    /home/имя домена/мой домен/docs/includes/class_core.php on line 317

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Wednesday, September 19th 2012 @ 01:57:12 AM
    Error Date : Wednesday, September 19th 2012 @ 01:57:12 AM
    Script : http://мой домен/install/upgrade.php
    Referrer :
    IP Address : айпи адрес
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Interestingly http://moy domain / install / install.php starts and http://moy domain / install / upgrade.php not.
    Please help update the forum. What is the reason I can not understand. Thank you!
    Форум бухгалтеров и аудиторов Glbyh.Ru. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
  • Marco Mamdouh
    • Oct 2008

There's a missing table within your database, It's "navigation" table that's why the upgrade cannot be completed.
    Marco Mamdouh Fahem.
    OUZMind Lead Developers
    vBFoster Lead Developers

Comment

• Hartmut
      • Nov 2007
      • 4.2.x

This could be caused by the russian prefix and a non compatible db collation.
      No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• SWSUSA
        • May 2012
        • 4.2.x

What do I do now? Here is my forum http://glbyh.ru
        Форум бухгалтеров и аудиторов Glbyh.Ru. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Comment

• borbole
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Hartmut
          This could be caused by the russian prefix and a non compatible db collation.
          I don''t think that is the case. I have seen several threads having the same issue and their forums were in english.

@SWSUSA, try to re-add the navigation table manually in the db and re-run the upgrader again and see if it would help. You can take its structure from the mysql-schema.php file inside the installer folder.

If you qualify for ticket support, open a ticket at your client center so one of the vb staff can look into this for you.

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
            • Feb 2005

The navigation table added in vBulletin 4.2.0, if you have every-other-thing correct then the upgrader should work normally without problems and it should add that table.
            Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
            vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• SWSUSA
              • May 2012
              • 4.2.x

Originally posted by borbole
              SWSUSA, try to re-add the navigation table manually in the db and re-run the upgrader again and see if it would help. You can take its structure from the mysql-schema.php file inside the installer folder.
              That is, I need to copy the file mysql-schema.php installs a folder on hosting?

Since I do not have the navigation table, which I deleted.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Abdulla Ashoor
              The navigation table added in vBulletin 4.2.0, if you have every-other-thing correct then the upgrader should work normally without problems and it should add that table.
              How to add navigation table in the database?

Comment

• Hartmut
                • Nov 2007
                • 4.2.x

Try this first with your test forum and make a backup of your database before you send queries to it:

PHP Code:
                CREATE TABLE YOUR_TABLE_PREFIX_ navigation (

navid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

name VARCHAR(20NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

navtype ENUM('tab','menu','link'NOT NULL DEFAULT 'tab',

displayorder SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

parent VARCHAR(20NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

url VARCHAR(255NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

state TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

scripts VARCHAR(30NULL DEFAULT '',

showperm VARCHAR(30NULL DEFAULT '',

productid VARCHAR(25NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

username VARCHAR(100NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

version VARCHAR(30NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

dateline INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

PRIMARY KEY (navid),

UNIQUE KEY identity (nameproductid),

KEY productid (productidstate)
                ); 
                No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• SWSUSA
                  • May 2012
                  • 4.2.x

I'm sorry, I'm an accountant, I have no knowledge of the system administrator and programmer. I do not know English language and use an online translator to communicate with you.

You can write on the items specifically what I need to do? For example go to the administrator panel in the desired section and do something else. Or go to the hosting and add such a file. I don't understand what I need to do to update finally the forum. Thank you!

Comment

• SWSUSA
                    • May 2012
                    • 4.2.x

I finally updated the forum, so very happy!

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

The first error says that the table doesn't exist, because you haven't yet run the upgrader.
                      The second error says MySQL is down, or that you have the wrong MySQL information all together in your config.php file.

I am glad you got the problem resolved.

Comment

• SWSUSA
                        • May 2012
                        • 4.2.x

Once again, I looked how to do the update. I thought the details update script.

I helped:

1. Information from the official site:

Upgrading from vBulletin 4.x.x

1. Close your board via the Admin Control Panel.
                        2. Delete install/install.php from your upload directory
                        3. Upload all remaining files from the 'upload/' folder in the zip.
                        4. Open your browser and point the URL to your forums, e.g. http://www.example.com/install/upgrade.php (where www.example.com/ is the URL of your vBulletin). Make sure to upload the files into your previous installation directory as appropriate (e.g. /forums/). The Upgrade Wizard will determine your vBulletin version and jump forward to the appropriate upgrade step.
                          Some steps can take a long time to process. Please be patient.
                        5. If any errors occur, copy the error and please contact support. DO NOT continue with the upgrade. Doing so may cause irreversible damage to the database.
                        6. Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure you proceed until you are redirected to your Admin Control Panel. Here, you can reopen your board.

You can view a video tutorial on the upgrade process here on our community site. While the video shows an upgrade from vBulletin 3.X to 4.x, it is still applicable for later upgrades as well.
                        2. Here's the video for updating https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...to-vBulletin-4
                        3. Here's the video for updating http://www.rutut.com/allvideo/web-ma...os-foruma.html
                        4. vBulletin 4.2.0 Patch Level 3

)))

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...