X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shahryar_neo
    • Aug 2006

vBulletin search engine doesn't work !

Hi all ,

my forum DB charset was created on latin1 and webpages is UTF-8 ( persian ) . my problem is that vbulletin default search engine doesn't work on the forums and i've to use google search . need to mention there is no problem on searching english phrases on search engine but the problem is related to persian words searching .

I tried to convert to UTF-8 in two methods ( iconv and ... ) but in both of them after converting all of the characters in forums and DB as I saw in phpmyadmin was broken and changed to inval chars .

If I'm not mistaken search engine works with matching webpage typed word with phpmyadmin showed characters and now as they aren't match together it doesn't work .

What Should I do ?

Thanks in Advance
  • shahryar_neo
    • Aug 2006

thanks ! really huge support

Comment

• ali1359
      • Jan 2012
      • 4.1.x

I have the same problem .
      my vbulletin version is 4.1.9

Comment

• alemcherry
        • Jun 2006

I am no expert, but I guess you will have to change the character set and collation of the database. MySQL details here:

After changing the collation, if phpMyAdmin shows unreadable characters, you may need to set the character set of browser page to utf-8. Also check if the data is being displayed properly on web pages, before setting it back to old collation.

Whatever you do, never touch the live database. Take a copy offline and work on that.
        Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment