Using the vBulletin Attachment Manager, you can specify the types of attachments (for example, JPB, GIF, or PDF) you want to allow users to upload to your site, the maximum filesize for a given attachment, the maximum dimensions for an image attachment, and whether or not as well as how thumbnails can be created from full-size images.
When you open the Attachment Manager, you are shown a tabular summary of the currently allowed attachment file types and their characteristics.
<<<Insert a level-setting screenshot of the Attachment Manager home screen.>>>
The form has five columns. Each column displays a piece of information for the extensions. The information is as follows:
- Extension - the name of the extension
- Maximum File-size - the maximum file-sized allowed for the named extension
- Max Width - the maximum width allowed for the named extension if it’s an image
- Max Height - the maximum height allowed for the named extension if it’s an image
- Controls - the options for editing, deleting, or viewing the permissions on the named extensions
- To add a new attachment extension, click the Add New Extensiont button at the bottom of the screen.
- To edit the characteristics of an existing extension, click the Edit link in the picklist to the right of the filetype name.
- To delete
- To specify usergroup permissions for an extension, click the View Permisisons link in the picklist to the right of the filetype name.