X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxwolfie13
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Forums being marked as Unread when I have read them

After posting in a forum (any forum), and clicking on the forum button to return to the main forum list, the forum where I have just posted is marked as unread.

I assume this is some sort of cookie configuration issue? I just left all the settings at default.

www.RPGbazooka.com is the website.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

You can change this at:

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options ->Cookies and HTTP Header Options

But i advise to try another browser first and check if that problem still appears then as it could also have something to do with your browser settings.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• maxwolfie13
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hartmut
      You can change this at:

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options ->Cookies and HTTP Header Options

But i advise to try another browser first and check if that problem still appears then as it could also have something to do with your browser settings.
      It does it in Firefox, IE and Chrome also, so it does not seem to be browser related. I would have thought that my installation is as basic as it gets, I am not sure why I would need to change any settings from default?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

Originally posted by maxwolfie13
        I am not sure why I would need to change any settings from default?
        Usually there is no reason to change this settings and everything should work for good...
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• maxwolfie13
          • Sep 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hartmut
          Usually there is no reason to change this settings and everything should work for good...
          It should, but it doesn't

What should I do?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

What is the following set to:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Thread/Forum Read Marking Type
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• maxwolfie13
              • Sep 2012
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
              What is the following set to:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > General Settings > Thread/Forum Read Marking Type
              Inactivity/Cookie Based

Comment

• maxwolfie13
                • Sep 2012
                • 4.2.X

Inactivity/Cookie Based
                Any ideas?

Comment

• Abdulla Ashoor
                  • Feb 2005

Any ideas?
                  This option controls how threads and forums are marked as read.
                  1. Inactivity/Cookie Based - once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the session timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies.

This option is how all versions of vBulletin before 3.5 functioned.
                  2. Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum.

This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking.
                  3. Database (automatic forum marking) - this option is the same as a previous option, but forums are automatically marked as read when the last new thread is read.

This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive.
                  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
                  vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• John Lester
                    • Jul 2000
                    • 4.1.x

Since you have it set to cookie based, delete your sites cookies from your browser and clear the cache. If the problem persists then try selecting one of the other options.
                    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
                    sigpic

Comment