wordwrap problem 4.1.12 firefox, seeking help on where to look..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sross
    • Mar 2004

[Forum] wordwrap problem 4.1.12 firefox, seeking help on where to look..

Hi,

default style wordwrap is fine, custom style wordwrap is fine but not in firefox. For example text like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would explode the forums in firefox way out to the right. Now, I know it is something in my style somewhere. maybe a template that did not get updated. I tried default postbit legacy template with no luck. I dug around css templates I just can't figure out where this wordwrap is controlled. Once I know I can revert or correct the outdated codes. Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction.
  • Abdulla Ashoor
    • Feb 2005

You may need to look into this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Thread Display Options (showthread) -> Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text

This will affect your input in the CMS also.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns

Links: vBulletin Manual - Code Documentation - FAQ - Bug Tracker - Lemon Juice
    vBulletin 5 Connect: Extensions - Articles - Features - Purchases

Comment

• sross
      • Mar 2004

Hi, thanks but it was already set to 50. And with default style it is not an issue. I just don't know how to pinpoint what css or template might be outdated. I tried reverting posbit legacy, vbulletin.css, and a few other files without luck. If I know what controls wordwrap in ckeditor posbit area that should tell me where to look. Any ideas?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

It is a current issue in CKEditor across a number of versions. Occurs on this site as well. Should save properly though. Are you saying this isn't the case?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sross
          • Mar 2004

Hi Wayne, seems to wrap fine in the editor but not on save. Here is an example, also it doesn't seem this became noticable until the recent firefox updates but I can't be sure. Basically we had someone with a lot of dashes in their forum sig line and it exploded many threads he was in.

http://tinyurl.com/935tac5

Thanks

*edit- just tested and seems only a problem in firefox

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opposite happens here on 4.2.0 using Firefox.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• sross
              • Mar 2004

is there any kind of css workaround or file i need to revert so it stops happening at my board? It wraps fine for me here but i did notice the issue in the editor, at least it saves ok.

- - - Updated - - -

ok just narrowed it down more, disabling plugins and it works fine. will try to find the plugin causing this, thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...