X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenchRacer
    • Jun 2000
    • 3.6.x

Problem with fresh install

I'm experiencing a problem with a fresh install of the vB2 Beta. Whenever you click on 'Submit New Thread' or 'Preview New Thread' it takes you to a blank page and the post never shows up. I've tried the setup on two seperate machines. Both machine are setup almost identical.

OS - Redhat 7.0
    Apache - 1.3.14
    php - 4.0.4pl1
    mysql - 3.23.32

All from RPM's

To see what I mean you can go here: http://www.raceshed.com/forum/

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Chad
  • BenchRacer
    • Jun 2000
    • 3.6.x

Also, if I create an announcement, that doesn't show up in the forums either. The announcement is in the database and the time are set to be showing now.

Comment

• BenchRacer
      • Jun 2000
      • 3.6.x

Well, ended up taking one of my machines and doing a fresh Redhat install. This time, instead of rpm's, apache/php/mysql were all compiled form sources. Then after setting up vb2beta everything worked perfectly. I figured it must be the mysql rpm that I recently upgraded, since after upgrading, phpMyAdmin no longer work.

End of saga.

Comment

• SNA
        • Oct 2000

It amazes me how everyone will totally reinstall their server to get things to work, I can tell most of you guys are newbies when it comes to administration. There is an answer to everything, patience is the key.

REINSTALLING is hardly ever an option when you get a job.

Just some things to think about.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...