Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xube
    • Oct 2001

Getting It Up...

I am about to switch my vBulletin board to a new server.

I have moved all of the various files over to the new board.

I have uploaded a copy of my database to the new server.

While doing all of this my site is still up and running on the old server, with new posts being added to the database located over there.

If I were to delete the current copy of my database
    on my new server and upload a newer (larger, containing more recent posts) copy of that same database onto my new server, would everything still work corrrectly without having to make any additional changes in my /forum file area of my control panel on the new server?

The reason I ask this is because the process of moving to the new server takes some time. Allowing my board & site to continue running on the old server until I get the new site area perfected minimizes downtime for posting on my board.

Yes?
    :p -=Xube ®
    ...it's just technology
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Please don't double-post:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Xube
      • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Please don't double-post:

Background Info: I am about to switch my vBulletin board to a new server. I have moved all of the various files over to the new board. I have uploaded a copy of my database to the new server. While doing all of this my site is still up and running on the old server, with new posts being added to the database located over there.

Steve, only one of these 2 posts (this one and the one you're referencing) shows up when I do a search under my name for threads I've created and posted in. This is the way I always use to get back to posts I've made and follow up on them. Is there something wrong with the search feature on vB3.0?
      ...it's just technology

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

I see both of them when I click on the 'search' button under your post.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Xube
          • Oct 2001

I see both of them when I click on the 'search' button under your post.
          I don't know if this will display correctly but here is what I can see doing a seach a few seconds ago...
          Posts before the "search me"... post are posts even older than 05-09-2003.
          Last edited by Xube; Thu 5 Jun '03, 9:54am.
          ...it's just technology

Comment

• Xube
            • Oct 2001

Oh well, the display doesn't work too well.. is there a way I can make it do a screen shot of what I'm seeing and have it post here in the thread?
            ...it's just technology

Comment

• Steve Machol
              • Jul 2000

Sure make a screenshot. Then post it in the vB3 Troubleshooting forum

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Xube
                • Oct 2001

Sure make a screenshot. Then post it in the vB3 Troubleshooting forum
                Here's another weird thing... as I do searchs, this thread is staying at the top of my search results (search based on looking for my name) even when it's not the most recent post timewise. Hmmmmm. One for the Troubleshooters to figure on.
                ...it's just technology

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...