X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subsonic
    • Feb 2003
    • 5.0.X

Trouble with email after server move

I have just moved servers, and changed domain name.
    Now email is not working in any form... new member email activation, new posts, or any of the admin emails...
    I have emailed and spoken to the server tech department and have the following...
    from email:

The email will only have gone if the from address is an email address on your domain and is preceeded by the -f flag which was talked about if the knowledge base article.

and by phone:

I am told as a security feature to stop spam/bulk mail the from address must be contained in php scripts, as shown in the above knowledge page.

Can someone help me with this as I have very little knowledge of php?
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If your server requires that you send the '-f' parameter when sending email via PHP, alter this code in the vbmail function in functions.php:

Code:
    [color=blue]mail($toemail, $subject, $message, $headers);[/color]
    ...to this:
    Code:
    [color=blue]mail($toemail, $subject, $message, $headers[b][color=red], "-f $webmasteremail"[/color][/b]);[/color]
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Subsonic
      • Feb 2003
      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      If your server requires that you send the '-f' parameter when sending email via PHP, alter this code in the vbmail function in functions.php:

Code:
      [color=blue]mail($toemail, $subject, $message, $headers);[/color]
      ...to this:
      Code:
      [color=blue]mail($toemail, $subject, $message, $headers[b][color=red], "-f $webmasteremail"[/color][/b]);[/color]

Thank you worked a treat...

Might need to make a new post for this but will ask I am sure you will tell me lol

I have a 100Mb database limit on this server but have the ability to purchase new databases but not increase the one single over 100...
      Is there a way to get vbulletin to read from 2 databases?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Not really. I imagine you could do this with some extensive hacking, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Do you have a large attachment table? If so, vB3 will allow you to move these out of the database and onto the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Subsonic
          • Feb 2003
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Not really. I imagine you could do this with some extensive hacking, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Do you have a large attachment table? If so, vB3 will allow you to move these out of the database and onto the server.
          As this database is no longer local I am in new teritory... How can I tell the size of an individual table?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

You can see the tables sizes with phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Dolby
              • Jul 2001

Cpanel users will have to do the following for the -f command to work on php scripts.

all you need to do is add this line to your exim.conf file in /etc

untrusted_set_sender = true

then restart exim
              Taken from the cpanel forum: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?threadid=8154

tested this and it works great now!
              eqinterface.com | eq2interface.com | wowinterface.com
              vginterface.com | goBerserker.com
              7 Full vBulletin Lic.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...