Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheComputerGuy
    • Apr 2001

Electronic attack slows Internet

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Traffic on the many parts of the Internet slowed dramatically for hours early Saturday, the apparent effects of a fast-spreading, virus-like infection that overwhelmed the world's digital pipelines and interfered with Web browsing and delivery of e-mail. world's digital pipelines and interfered with Web browsing and delivery of e-mail.

My sites are down for right now and a few other I visit...is anyone else affected?
  • bromyaur
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.6.x

I have been lucky, my site is on VO and no problem at all, as with some other sites I go to that are on VO. I am getting the best server loads I have had in a long time. lol

Some other sites I go to were down this morning though.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Dec 2000

defile writes "Since about midnight EST almost every host on the internet has been receiving a 376 byte UDP payload on port ms-sql-m (1434) from a random infected server. Reports of some hosts receiving 10 per minute or more. internetpulse.net is reporting UUNet and Internap are being hit very hard....

Its taken out 5 of the 13 root servers so far, i suggest that everyone blocks UDP port 1434. I've been getting scans on my home computer, I've just blocked it on my router now.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Oricon
        • Dec 2002

crap.... hope my site doesn't go down....... I've done so much work today and haven't tested things

Comment

• CeleronXT
          • Mar 2002

Lol.... Kevin Mitnick is allowed back on and days later the net goes hay wire. Coincidence? I think not

J/k of course
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• MacKenzie
            • Oct 2002

Several sites I like to visit have gone down today... Thought nothing of it though as 3 of them seem to suffer regular shut-downs. Oh well, who needs to read webcomix every day anyhow

Comment

• mheinemann
              • Oct 2002

www.no-ip.com went down on me

lol, and it's back up now.
              Hello :)

Comment

• filburt1
                • Feb 2002

The ironic thing is that if these hackers ever succeed, they would have destroyed their very medium of hacking so they won't be able to do anything else.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• P.Jackson
                  • Dec 2002
                  • 3.8.x

but however they would have sucesfully accoplished it as it would have been a econimical disaster for the www and many buisnesses

Comment

• SkuZZy
                    • Aug 2002

I've goten hit very hard by this. All of my sites were on Internap, which got hit very badly by these worms And i've also recieved no email in over 14 hours. My ISP isn't delivering it I guess, or else they got hit hard too (shaw cable). My forums have been down for over 12 hours though, so this has been going on this late last night
                    -
                    Visit the Web Scripts Directory @ http://www.scriptz.com
                    -
                    PHP, CGI, Perl, ASP, JavaScript, CFML, Python and more!

-

Comment

• Darth Cow
                      • Oct 2001
                      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Last night I was working on developing my program that downloads the contents of several dozen websites to check when they were updated. At least a third of the sites were inaccessible... needless to say, my script was having a hell of a time executing when it tried to connect to them all (e.g. 300 seconds and counting ).
                      MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

SpecificClick and Valuead dot com came down. Invision Board also got hit
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• CeleronXT
                          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                          I can access them.... :-/
                          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Darth Cow
                            • Oct 2001
                            • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Hey, they took down my competition running ASP, too .
                            MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

• nuno
                              • Apr 2001
                              • 3.8.x

Yep, they got hit, 9 hours downtime, not funny.
                              You're my Prince of Peace
                              And I will live my life for You

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...