Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glock21
    • Apr 2002

Security issue

Any particular reason as to why someone was able to run a script that made 2,000 new users in about a minute, and was able to confirm all of the emails? Obviously they aren't all valid so there must be some kind of security bug within vBulletin...
  • LeeCHeSSS
    • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Glock21
    Any particular reason as to why someone was able to run a script that made 2,000 new users in about a minute, and was able to confirm all of the emails? Obviously they aren't all valid so there must be some kind of security bug within vBulletin...
    Just recently I saw someone else with the same problem; so it is indeed worrying.

Comment

• Glock21
      • Apr 2002

Yes, actually it just happened to a sister site also. I'm lucky I was able to see about 2,000 emails coming into my inbox literally and shut it off fast.

Comment

• Chen
        • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Glock21
        Yes, actually it just happened to a sister site also. I'm lucky I was able to see about 2,000 emails coming into my inbox literally and shut it off fast.
        What version of vBulletin are you running? Is debug mode on?
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• Glock21
          • Apr 2002

2.2.9, and not that I'm aware.

Comment

• Glock21
            • Apr 2002

They're trying to do it again to us, not that it really matters, but still highly annoying.

Comment

• Glock21
              • Apr 2002

The program being used is called "s1te phuk" I believe.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...