• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fusion
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.8.x

Funny stuff.. Attempted an upgrade from 2.2.7 to .9

Okay, first off..
    This is on my test-board so it's no real biggie, but it raises some concerns. By the way, this is a clean board, no changes from the original distributions.
    I upgraded to PHP4.3.0 just ahead of the upgrade. Additionally, the box is running Apache2.0.43 (Win32) and MySQL 4.0.7.

Now, my first warning was that each of the two upgrade-scripts (21 and 22) came up with an extra warning saying I was running "version version and this upgrade-script is for 2.2.x. Would I like to continue?" It seems the version-checks were unable to determine which version I upgraded from, even though the checks in the ACP ran fine.

Anyways, I ran the scripts despite the apparant faulure to detemine the versions, and there was no other warnings. That is, if you leave out the end result.

It seems the style went right off the board, none of the standard icobs- or image-links work and the colors (CSS) are way off.

Now, is this a result of the PHP4 or the MySQL? Ideas?
    Also, suggestions on how to fix an already (partly) upgraded board? Is there any portions of these scripts you suggest I run manually? Just asking, in case this happens on a real upgrade.

I'll hold off uograding my main-board 'til this is resolved. I'll take even more than 2 upgrade-scripts, so I'd like to be sure it runs smoothly.
    If you need any data from PHP or access to the test-area PM/Email me and I'll set it up.

Thanks!
    Toddler from Hell
  • Fusion
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Fusion
    Okay, first off..
    This is on my test-board so it's no real biggie, but it raises some concerns. By the way, this is a clean board, no changes from the original distributions.
    I upgraded to PHP4.3.0 just ahead of the upgrade. Additionally, the box is running Apache2.0.43 (Win32) and MySQL 4.0.7.

Now, my first warning was that each of the two upgrade-scripts (21 and 22) came up with an extra warning saying I was running "version version and this upgrade-script is for 2.2.x. Would I like to continue?" It seems the version-checks were unable to determine which version I upgraded from, even though the checks in the ACP ran fine.

Anyways, I ran the scripts despite the apparant faulure to detemine the versions, and there was no other warnings. That is, if you leave out the end result.

It seems the style went right off the board, none of the standard icobs- or image-links work and the colors (CSS) are way off.

Now, is this a result of the PHP4 or the MySQL? Ideas?
    Also, suggestions on how to fix an already (partly) upgraded board? Is there any portions of these scripts you suggest I run manually? Just asking, in case this happens on a real upgrade.

I'll hold off uograding my main-board 'til this is resolved. I'll take even more than 2 upgrade-scripts, so I'd like to be sure it runs smoothly.
    If you need any data from PHP or access to the test-area PM/Email me and I'll set it up.

Thanks!
    Small correction. Seems there was a error, logged anyhow. Whoever's in charge of those upgrade-scripts, you might want to trap those. Here's from my log:
    [27-Dec-2002 22:44:44] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in \Testbb\admin\upgrade21.php(96) : eval()'d code on line 171
    [27-Dec-2002 22:45:42] PHP Parse error: parse error, unexpected $end in \Testbb\admin\upgrade22.php(96) : eval()'d code on line 171
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Fusion
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.8.x

*bump*
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Martin
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.5.x

vBulletin hasn't been tested and certified on either PHP 4.3.0 OR any 4.x version of MySQL. Since the 4.3.0 is new, I wouldn't recommend using it yet. All the 4.x versions of MySQL are listed as development only. There haven't been any stable releases made.
        Webmaster:
        @forumz

Comment

• Fusion
          • Aug 2001
          • 3.8.x

Ofcourse, but that's why it's called a test-board.
          Incidently, 2.2.6 runs fine on the latest PHP4 and the MySQL-gamma. Therefore, it's a given that the fault is either in the upgrade-scripts or the changes made between .6 and the .9. Then again, it could be a little of both.
          Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Martin
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.5.x

which types of tables are you using?
            Webmaster:
            @forumz

Comment

• Fusion
              • Aug 2001
              • 3.8.x

MyISAM
              Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Fusion
                • Aug 2001
                • 3.8.x

Sorted.. Well, sort of. Turns out the messed up display was due to a cached style or some such. That is, the fix (clearing the cache) was in no way related to the logged errors as seen above, but fortunately the errors had no real impact on the upgrade..
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...