Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim S
    • Oct 2002

Strange Posting Orders

My VB Boards 2.2.8 when users are replying to topics placed they are arriving in strange orders ie. where new replys should show up at the end they are ending up in the middle ... there seems to be noticable pattern i can see happening ... has anyone else had a simular problem or know of a way of repairing it tried re-indexing just incase ... not really much helped
  • Stadler
    • Oct 2001
    • 4.2.X

Two Words: Daylight savings
    Hints & Tips:
    [[vB3] More Spiders / Indexers / Archives for vB3 - list]|[List of one-time-emails to ban]

http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...efox_80x15.png

Comment

• Tim S
      • Oct 2002

not unless daylight saving has been happening for weeks

Comment

• bromyaur
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.6.x

I had that problem a while back and it turned out the server my board was on had a bad cmos battery

Comment

• Tim S
          • Oct 2002

Its looking this way ... because what is happening ... is that the times are getting pulled funny from the look of things ... ie. someone posted a reply to my question on the forums and i posted in reply but mine appeared before his ... as according to the time i posted my reply to his 2 mins before he posted his

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

If the times are wrong then this is a server issue. As bromyaur stated this could be caused by a bad CMOS. You will need to contact your host about this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• bromyaur
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Tim S
              Its looking this way ... because what is happening ... is that the times are getting pulled funny from the look of things ... ie. someone posted a reply to my question on the forums and i posted in reply but mine appeared before his ... as according to the time i posted my reply to his 2 mins before he posted his
              Thats exactly how it was when I had the problem, it got confusing to say the least.Not only that but when a new post was made it wouldnt show up on the forum home page, but a post from way before it would be shown as the latest post.

Good thing is my host (old host that is) recognized it right away and it was only a problem for about 2 days at most.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...