Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ase
    • Nov 2000

Error messages after install?!?

I can't install the board if I setup any passwords in config.php. I guess that's a question about setup of MySQL.

But if I install it without login/passwords all the steps seems to go fine. When it asks for admin user/pass I fill it out, but I can login. When I launch /admin/index.php I get this message:

Warning: Undefined variable: nocache in global.php on line 25

Warning: Undefined variable: query_id in db_mysql.php on line 120

Warning: Undefined property: in db_mysql.php on line 120

Warning: Use of undefined constant template - assumed 'template' in global.php on line 57

Warning: Use of undefined constant password - assumed 'password' in global.php on line 278

Warning: Use of undefined constant password - assumed 'password' in global.php on line 278

Warning: Use of undefined constant cancontrolpanel - assumed 'cancontrolpanel' in global.php on line 292

Warning: Undefined variable: bbadminon in global.php on line 306

Warning: Undefined variable: redirect in global.php on line 306

You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in. Please log in now:

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

• Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

[url]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4327[/url]

Comment

• ase
      • Nov 2000

Ed,

Thanks a lot - it seems as it helped with the error_reporting(7);

But when I go to my forum I get this:

Warning: Undefined variable: action in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 3

Warning: Undefined variable: action in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\forum\index.php on line 7

Seems to work though?!?

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
        • Apr 2000
        • 3.6.x

Whereever you get that error, go into the file and stick the error_reporting line there too.

Comment

• ase
          • Nov 2000

I've inserted the error correction (7) string, in the global's etc. But still I get some of these errors.

So I decided to try to insert the error correction (7) in php.ini but after that I get a box up on my screen with a parsing error in php.ini in the line where the string is inserted.

Is there a special place, or specific way to insert the string in php.ini?

Also I can't install the forum if I use login/password in the config.php. I guess I miss to set something up in MySQL or? If I run the forum without db login/password do I then have a scurity problem?

Any help appreciated,

thanks!

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

Edit your php.ini's error_reporting line to:
            [code]error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE ; Show all errors except for notices[/code]

Comment

• PrincessWeb
              • Mar 2001

Help me install VB please!

Ok, this may not be specific--but all I have to say is that I'm having a problem installing my vb version. I can't get through the first guidance of the "installation" option. I did download the version--but now what? I'm a slight confused! I need someone to help me (step my step). I guess the steps the option gave me--is a bit too complicated! :(
              Thanks everyone!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...