Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XFLBret
    • May 2002

Help me stop all the email!!!

When I first set up my forums, I stupidly had each one set to email me every time there was a new thread or post in each forum. Well, all that email got old real quick, so I edited each one, and left each email field blank, but the mail didn't stop. Even though I confirmed the email fields were blank, the board was working like I hadn't changed anything.

Well, earlier tonight, I edited each one to email notifications of new threads and post to an email address of [email protected], and I'm STILL getting all this mail about the notifications.

Please someone tell me what I need to do to turn off these two notifications!

Thanks in advance.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What exactly did you 'edit'?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• XFLBret
      • May 2002

in the admin CP, when you go into the edit area of each forum and forum area i guess you call it, there are two fields under "moderation options", one is

"Emails addresses to notify when there is a new post
      (Separate each with a SPACE)"

and the other is

"Emails addresses to notify when there is a new post
      (Separate each with a SPACE)"

These both initally had my email address in them, but as I said, I have since deleted my email address, and even replaced it with another, but my forums still send me mail notifying my of every new thread and post.

I need to make it stop. Someone please help.

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

Re: Help me stop all the email!!!

Originally posted by XFLBret
        When I first set up my forums, I stupidly had each one set to email me every time there was a new thread or post in each forum. Well, all that email got old real quick, so I edited each one, and left each email field blank, but the mail didn't stop. Even though I confirmed the email fields were blank, the board was working like I hadn't changed anything.

Well, earlier tonight, I edited each one to email notifications of new threads and post to an email address of [email protected], and I'm STILL getting all this mail about the notifications.

Please someone tell me what I need to do to turn off these two notifications!

Thanks in advance.
        go to your UserCP

and click Subscribed Threads at yoursite.com/member2.php?s=&action=viewsubscription

and on right of the page click

1. View All Subscribed Threads
        then
        2. unsubscribe to the threads you don't want

or

2. click Unsubscribe From All Threads
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• XFLBret
          • May 2002

OK, i'll give that a shot, but is that going to take care of those thread an post notifications, or just the standard-issue reply notification that all users het when they subscribe to threads?

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by XFLBret
            OK, i'll give that a shot, but is that going to take care of those thread an post notifications, or just the standard-issue reply notification that all users het when they subscribe to threads?
            that will remove you from any post/thread you had subscribed to (subscribed = email notification of reply as yes)
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• XFLBret
              • May 2002

OK, I did that, but the email I wanted stopped was all the admin-related notifications to new threads and new postings. new users notification i dont mind so much though...

Comment

• George L
                Former vBulletin Support
                • May 2000
                • 3.8.x

did you do my instructions while logged into your admin account and entering UserCP ?

Comment

• XFLBret
                  • May 2002

yup, i did, and i'm still getting those notifications. they won't stop.

any other suggestions? i'll try anything short of reinstalling the whole forum software...

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP as well as the text and headers of one of the emails you are receiving.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...