Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubbuser
    • Jan 2002

Custom avatars loads up on queries?

Hi I have about 50 users who have custom avatars. I notice that each display of avatar in every message for each user is a query in itself. Any tips on how to solve this issue? Thanks!
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

Don't allow custom avatars is the only 'solution'.

Custom avatars are stored in the database and so by nature have to be pulled for each view.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

vbulletin.org

As with many of your threads: Goto vbulletin.org for the 'avatars as files' hack..

Please search their hack-database for the hacks you want.

By the way; you mention a lot that 'your users'.. sounds a bit like the board is active already, where can I have a look ? (or when)

Comment

• Chen
        • Jun 2001

Something must be wrong with your forum, because avatars are only pulled from the database once, with all the other post data (look here, see the big query in the middle? it loads the avatars as well).
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

Yeah actually Firefly is right. I forgot that.

BTW what he means by 'look here' is if you add
          explain=1
          to any URL you will be given a list of all the queries used to generate the page as well as times.
          f.e.

or

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...