Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobbi
    • Jul 2001

user can't seem to vote in polls

Here is the error message a user on my site sees when he tries to vote in polls:

"If i try and vote on a poll i get told 'The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.'

He has also experienced this same problem on other forums sites that use vBulletin.

What's causing this? How can it be corrected?
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

try asking him to delete his cookies for the forums he visited and re log in

also try asking him to change his options on 'Browse the board with cookies?' to 'yes.' in the modify options area of User CP
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Bobbi
      • Jul 2001

That doesn't seem to be working for either of the two users who are experiencing this problem. Any other suggestions as to what could be causing this?

Comment

• Ifrani
        • Jul 2001
        • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 4

Same Problem

I have the same problem in my board... Deleting the cookies was no help.
        The future is you...
        Ifrani ;)

Comment

• grb123
          • Aug 2001

Same problem here! Browse with cookies is set to Yes, cookies are enabled in their browser. All other sessions seem to work fine.

Comment

• RayMatrix
            • Mar 2001

Same Problem for me !

All Users of my Board are from Germany.

They have the right settings 'eva2000' told us.

For my Members this Problem only comes up if they use the Vote on an Client PC in an Network, wich uses any Proxysoftware for internetsharing (like KEN!DSL, Sambar....).

And all AOL Users have this problem here, if they use any Proxysoftware or an direct connection.

Any Help welcome
            RayMatrix

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...