Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MedicTech
    • Oct 2000

Question on Importing ubb to vbb

I have the uBB 5.47 Software with the Forum in operation at this time with 25,000+ Posts and 5,000 Members...

I have bought a new server at a totally new url. I have vBB 2.0.1 on this server setup and I am now ready for Importing my data from my uBB site...

Question is can I download from one server at one location to my current Server with vBB on it???

In my Full Pathways for the Import, do I just type in the http:// address with the cgi-bin and ubb folders???

Thanks for the help. I had heard of some that have done this and was just checking before attempting this...
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

No, the UBB files need to be on the same server as vB. You'll need to copy and transfer them over in order to run the import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MedicTech
      • Oct 2000

Do you know the files I will need to transfer. I only need my threads and members...

Thanks...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It should tell you exact what files you need in the Admin CP. However if my memory if correct, you need the contents of your UBB cgi and non-cgi directories and subdirectories.

I simply tar'd and gzip'd the files and moved them to my new server.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...