• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions

I thought these might come in handy.

Why don't new template changes take effect when I upgrade?
    When you upgrade your forum there are sometimes templates that are changed. The list of changed templates is always listed in the announcement details of the release. If you have edited any of these templates than they will show up as RED in your template list meaning they are using your changes and not the default versions any longer. If you do not check the original template by selecting view original and make the needed changes than any new features are not going to be visible. Alternatively you can revert any templates that you have modified.

If I import the new vbulletin.style file from Jelsoft will it overwrite my customizations?
    No. The vbulletin.style will only update the global templates which can be access through the link [view original].

I get an MySQL error having a problem writing to XXXXXX.FRM or XXXXXX.MYD
    Most likely cause is lack of diskspace or database corruption. For database corruption checks run myisamchk on the table. More details can be found at:

I am missing XXXXXXX table, how do I get it back?
    Find the SQL code to create the table in INSTALL1.PHP. Run this code through phpMyAdmin or telnet.

it will start with something similar to:
    CREATE TABLE tablename (

How do I implement ICQ, AIM and Yahoo Integration?
    Look through the templates for
    Code:
    <!-- $ post[icqicon] --> <!-- $ post[aimicon] --> <!-- $ post[yahooicon] -->
    Change to:
    Code:
    $post[icqicon] $post[aimicon] $post[yahooicon]
    How do I implement Referrals?
    Make sure "Use Referrals" is set to yes in your Options.
    Provide your members with a link like:

Where XXXX equals their userid.
    For more information see:

Can You add this great new feature to the software?
    The feature set for vBulletin 2.0 is frozen however we will review your suggestion for future releases.

Does vBulletin support other databases?
    Not at this time. This is planned for future development.

Why is vBulletin only available in English?
    Internationalization and sharing of foreign language template sets is planned for the future.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 5 Apr '01, 12:49pm.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API
  • Kier
    Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
    • Sep 2000

I can't see avatars, [img] tags or signatures suddenly!

Open your edit options control panel from your profile and turn them back on.

link to this post

Comment

• Kier
      Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
      • Sep 2000

My Admin Control Panel has turned wierd colors since the RC2 upgrade!

Your browser is using a cached, old version of the cp.css file. Perform a forced-refresh on the control panel, close all browser windows, then open the CP again.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

No matter what I do, I can't change the colors of the vB Code buttons or drop-down menus! or I can't change the way the smilie table looks!

There are three more CSS definitions that need to be edited to change these colors. You will find them in the vbcode_buttons template. They are:
        Code:
        #codebuttons input { font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 8pt; color: black; }
        #codebuttons select { font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica; font-size: 8pt; color: black; background-color: {firstaltcolor}; }
        .smilieTable { border-width: 1px; border-style: inset; }
        input is for the buttons, select is for the drop-down menus, and .smilieTable is the smilie table.

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

My forums' time is off by X hours!

You as admin need to set the time in two places to ensure all times appear correctly on your board.
          First, go to Admin CP > Options and set your server location's offset from GMT.
          Second, go to User CP > Edit Options and set your location's offset from GMT.

Keep in mind that GMT never goes on Daylight Savings Time (DST), and vBulletin does not take DST into account. Therefore, if your locale (or your server's locale) is currently on daylight savings time, you will need to adjust the time in your User CP by one hour, either forward or backwards depending on where you are.

Also keep in mind guests will always see GMT no matter what.

Comment

• tubedogg
            • Feb 2001

Why are there no avatars in the zip file?

vBulletin does not come with any avatars. However you can find a compressed file containing about 1500 avatars here.

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

Why is there an asterisk (star) next to some users' names on the Currently Active Users' list?

These users have chosen to be invisible, however you as admin can see them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...