Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hvac tech
    • Feb 2001

bookmark icon..how to?

How do people get an icon other than IE on the desktop when bookmarking?

Example: When I drag the icon from http://dictionary.com I get a set of books. Some sites put other pictures, just wondering if any of you gurus out there know how to do that.

Thank You
  • Joe
    • May 2000

(i think this is what your talking about)

This is a icon file you put in your main index. the name is favorite.ico (or something close...) anyhow, vB comes with a vb icon. if you do a search on the net for favorite.ico (make sure you get the real name, as im having a major brain fart right now) you should find some online icon makers, make your own to fit your site, then upload it over the vB one...

hope that helps.
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

• hvac tech
      • Feb 2001

Thank You Joe, I tried that out and it worked. I wonder what it takes to edit an ico picture. Just change to bmp and then back to ico or something?

Anyways it has always bugged me trying to figure out how web sites were doing that picture. thanks again.

Comment

• OneChance
        • Feb 2001

You can get more info here: http://www.favicon.com/

Comment

• hvac tech
          • Feb 2001

thanks

i will go back there when i have time, it looks like i might need an art class to do this.....

Comment

• Kier
            Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
            • Sep 2000

I really good application for editing .ico files is Microangelo... you can download a functional trial version from www.impactsoft.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...