Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferghal
    • Mar 2004

Join Queue

What settings should I have in the usergroup so if a user tries to join a usergroup his/her name is added to the queue before they get access to the features of the usergroup?

I have made one usergroup, but as soon as they click "Join" they are not added to the queue but go straightly into the usergroup
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

A joinable group needs a group leader for user's to be put into the join queue, otherwise join requests are honored immediately.

To add a group leader, go to your:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Add Usergroup Leader (in the menu)

Note that the above option will only show up for groups that have the Public (Joinable) Custom Usergroups option enabled.

Comment

• Apokalupsis
      • Feb 2002
      • 3.6.x

I'm the only administrator. I have moderators however. I assigned a mod to be a group leader. Will the mod, or myself...be the one who accepts/denies the join requests for the group? If the mod can do it...how do they do it w/o going into the admincp? Is it modcp feature also?

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

UserCP > Group Memberships > List Join Requests.

Comment

• Rusty
          • Aug 2001

Originally posted by Zachery
          UserCP > Group Memberships > List Join Requests.

Thanks, I was looking for this too. Now another related question. Do the Group Leaders get an email advising them there is a pending Join Request? I tested this and it didn't seem to notify me. If not the Leaders would never know when there is a request pending without checking their UserCP frequently.
          "Ask not what the Internet can do for you, but what you can do for the Internet"

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

No, it doesnt, its not a feature as far as im aware of.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...