• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

vB3 Importers.

**EDIT**

Please read this first : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99626

**EDIT**

The vBulletin 3 Importer system is now completed. Unlike the vB2 system, the import system will not be downloadable by customers, and instead imports will be performed as a service to customers by Jelsoft staff.

By running the importer system in-house, we receive all the feedback of each import done and are able to constantly improve the system, keeping up-to-date with changes to the data structures of systems from which we offer an import service.

The burden of the technical aspect of setting an import up, ensuring that the database is valid, handling errors, getting development help, etc. is now removed from the customer and passed on to our own staff, hence reducing down-time and the requirement of a certain technical level of expertize of the admin/user.

While we appreciate that the decision to not allow customers to download the system and perform imports themselves will not be universally popular, please be assured that a lot of time was taken deliberating over this decision, and we have taken the decision believing that it is the best thing to do for both Jelsoft and our customers.

There is now a link in the members area to request an import, which will take you to a form which is self-explanatory. In the meantime, development is progressing on a system to allow almost fully automated imports via the members' area.
    Last edited by Jerry; Sun 28 Mar '04, 2:49pm.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Currently phpBB2, ubb.classic, ubb.eve and IPB 1.3.

The other importers coming (in this order are) :

OT, simple machines, wBB, ubb.threads, ubb.x.

To request other importers or discuss this announcement go here
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...