Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerrek Cage
    • Nov 2003

Invision Members -> vBulletin

This seems like kind of a tricky thing to do. I currently run a forum, and I want to merge my member database with an Invision member database (so all members are combined). This would have to work both ways (so both forums have the combined members). Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to go about this?
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I think there is a import script which you can run to merge your ipb database with vbulletin. Maybe it is in the member area.

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

Do you mean that you want both BB systems to share the same liove member data, or just to import each other's data into the other one? There is no script I've ever heard of that will allow IPB and vB forums to share the same member database. If possible, this would require modifying the code on one or both of these BB systems. If you want to import, then we do have an IPB import for vB2. I believe IPB also has a vB import script but you'd need to contact them about this.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Kerrek Cage
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Do you mean that you want both BB systems to share the same liove member data, or just to import each other's data into the other one? There is no script I've ever heard of that will allow IPB and vB forums to share the same member database. If possible, this would require modifying the code on one or both of these BB systems. If you want to import, then we do have an IPB import for vB2. I believe IPB also has a vB import script but you'd need to contact them about this.
        With the import script, would I be able to take just the member database from the Invision (as that's all I want), and then import it (but MERGE, not overwrite) into the vB?

Comment

• Steve Machol
          Former Customer Support Manager
          • Jul 2000

Yes.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...