How do I remove the Time Zone and DST Correction Option from the Registration screen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grover
    • May 2001
    • 3.8.x

How do I remove the Time Zone and DST Correction Option from the Registration screen?

Hi,

I am testing VB3RC3 at the moment and I just went to register myself on my forums.

I was suprised to see the following standard fields on my registration-screen:

------------------------
    Additional Information

Time Zone
    DST Correction Option:
    ------------------------

I run a dutch website for dutch-only members, so I guess no-one is bothered by these Time Zones and DST Correction options. I am convinced that I will get questions about this from new members, so I was looking in my AdminCP how to remove these options from the reg-screen. I could not find them.

Somebody have any ideas where to look?
    Last edited by Grover; Tue 27 Jan '04, 10:59am.
    How much do you love XenForo?
  • TheEDIGuy
    • Jul 2002

Do a template search for one of those cities, and remove that section from the template.
    Fans of Reality TV

Comment

• Grover
      • May 2001
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TheEDIGuy
      Do a template search for one of those cities, and remove that section from the template.
      But why are these options ON by default? Not everybody runs an international website and since we can control almost EVERY registration-field in our AdminCP, why are these fields left out?
      How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

• Christophe_O
        • Jul 2002

(Four years later.)
        Style Manager ... Edit Templates ... Registration Templates ... Register ... Search for $timezoneoptions ... Delete $timezoneoptions from the Register template ... Save.

No, I don't know what I'm doing. But, I want to simplify the registration. This seems to work. The only problem is that maybe this disables my own setting of a 'default time zone'. Thus, maybe everyone is registering with Greenwich Mean Time...? But if so I can live with that.

To set the default time zone:

Admin CP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Date and Time Options > Default Time Zone Offset
        (From the 2008 discussion: Time Zone on Registration.)
        Last edited by Christophe_O; Sat 31 May '08, 12:00pm.
        sigpic Krystof
        Starnectar Free Forums

Comment

• jscieza
          • Sep 2007
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Christophe_O
          No, I don't know what I'm doing. But, I want to simplify the registration. This seems to work. The only problem is that maybe this disables my own setting of a 'default time zone'. Thus, maybe everyone is registering with Greenwich Mean Time...? But if so I can live with that.
          Yes, if you delete $timezoneoptions from register template, it will ignore your default time zone. I'm also interested into know if it's possible to do what you have asked.

Hope to get a reply from someone who knows how to do it.

Thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...