Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michaelab
    • Jun 2003

Search only matching a few words??

The other day I was having an issue with the "Search for all posts for this user" feature and before I found the solution (bug that was fixed in 2.3.3) I rebuilt the search index because I thought it might have been the problem. I cleared out the indexes first too.

Well, now my searchindex and word tables are tiny and when I search on words I know are in some threads I get no results When I did the search index rebuild it was surprisingly fast (less than a minute) but there were no errors displayed on the browser. It did seem to me that not all threads/posts were indexed but I wasn't sure how to interpret what shows up in the browser.

Using the default options in the Rebuild Search Index dialog is that supposed to index all threads/posts?

As per the other post here are my vB details:

1. Forum URL: http://www.zerogain.com/forum
    2. PHP version: 4.2.3
    3. MySQL version: 4.0.17
    4. Apache/webserver version: Apache/1.3.29
    5. Server operating system: Linux

Not getting any error message and haven't modified any files.

Michael.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This is definitely not normal. If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• michaelab
      • Jun 2003

Only "hacks" I've done are a couple of minor changes to the templates to not show the "Moderator" and "Rating" columns for forums/threads - all .php files are untouched. Template changes don't count as hacks or do they?

I'll try once more to rebuild the index this evening when the forum is quiet and if it still doesn't work I'll fill out a support ticket.

Thanks,
      Michael.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

As long as you haven't edited the php files or added script to the headinclude, header, or phpinclude templates then you are not running any hacks.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• michaelab
          • Jun 2003

OK. Just tried rebuilding the index again and nothing changed. Took about 30 seconds and only got as far as thread 19 when the output stopped with no errors, apparently complete but the searchindex table still only has about 70,000 rows and word about 17,000 on a forum with 2,620 threads and 35,000+ posts.

About to submit a support ticket

Michael.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...