X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kathy
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

Sponsored? That's an affiliate link....We have vbulletin's affiliate link up too. Photopost's affiliate link as well....

And an advertiser who is a "real" sponsor because he paid for the space. (A web-host. Need a webhost for your vb? Come see our advertising stickies!)

As Sandy said, we are attempting to be a community for admins of communities. Not just vbulletin (although we all know its superior). We want the gathered experience of online communities to pool the resources and knowledge, ideas and support to grow a community online.

I've been here a long time and everyone who knows me knows that I owe my communities stability....to vbulletin. I run the vbulletin fan club. I have had the pleasure of support from almost each of the devs and mods from vbulletin. (They rock!)

Having an affiliate link for UBB, Photopost, Invision (if I could find one!) or any other software is an indicator to those other admins who want to make sure we will attempt to represent them all.

I'm signing off now.

I feel like no matter what I type, the judge has made his comments....when (poor thang) is missing the biggest point of all!

We love you Raz. The light is on if you want to peek. Great advice. Great tips. Great company.
    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

• the Sandman
      • Jul 2003
      • 3.7.x

I'd like to add one more thing - our original intention *was* to limit membership, and discussion, to vB admins only. Our original name, vBAdmins reflects that plan. However, to do that would have required a way to verify vB license status, which was not feasable. So our plan evolved. When you think about it, creating and managing an online Community is not really about the software - there were Message Boards out there when the software was rudimentary. The driving force is the idea of the Community itself, and behind that are the Admins. It would be silly to arbitrarily limit discussions about online Community managenent to those who use a particular software product. The issues we face are the same. We can learn from each other. To deny this is to defy logic. Personally, I can only see good coming from hundreds or thousands of Admins who do not use vBulletin for their Boards coming to the Admin Zone and using it while on ours. But again, that is not our goal - more like a fringe benefit. In the meantime we must try to be as fair as possible in order to attract as wide a group of admins as we can. We're kind of glad that things are evolving as they are - it makes for a better Admin Zone.
      The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
      Articles - Forum Review
      Interviews:
      KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
      Paul M

Comment

• Floris
        • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Kathy
        Ya know.. www.theadminzone.com is for all admins no matter what software we use.

The issue isn't the software so much as the manner in which admins handle their communities to grow them, manage them and use their communities for their niche.

So whether you like UBB or not...whether you like phpbb or not, invision or vbulletin....that is not the issue.

The issue is what are you doing to manage and grow your community ? Is it successful? What makes a community grow? What makes it not grow? How do you handle issues with staff and member squabbles? How do you pay for rising costs of traffic when it does grow? That's what the admin zone is all about.

BTW, there are other announcements about other software options but I guess you missed those in your zeal to post about this one here?
        Uhhmm....

Then why say in the first post: just for vb admins?

Anyway,
        It is a nice site, and the moment I have time to join for a post, I end up posting for a few hours ;/

Nice people, nice articles, nice nice -ism.

Comment

• Kathy
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by floris
          Uhhmm....

Then why say in the first post: just for vb admins?
          Originally posted by the Sandman
          I'd like to add one more thing - our original intention *was* to limit membership, and discussion, to vB admins only. Our original name, vBAdmins reflects that plan. However, to do that would have required a way to verify vB license status, which was not feasable. So our plan evolved.

Anyway,
          It is a nice site, and the moment I have time to join for a post, I end up posting for a few hours ;/

Nice people, nice articles, nice nice -ism.
          Thanks floris...and as with all communities, the "nice" is provided by the awesome community members.
          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

• kneesparx
            • Nov 2003
            • 3.0.0 Gamma

awesome!! im in
            emo

Comment

• Dave#
              • Jul 2000

Your goal is to spam people - utter idiots
              http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

• Raz Meister
                • Jun 2001

Yep, got a spam email from them aswell. :\
                Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

• Floris
                  • Dec 2001

TheAdminZone isn't to spam people.

Comment

• Dave#
                    • Jul 2000

TheAdminZone isn't to spam people.
                    They are sending out unsolicited email advertising their site - what would you call that?
                    http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...