X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heyyou06
    • Jan 2003

Config File Panic!

Here is the situation....

Previously, my site worked perfectly fine. My company just moved buildings and purchased brand new networking equipment including a slew of Cisco stuff. Nice, but tricky to work with.

Here is the problem. In the config, you have to define the ip address of the mysql server. Fine before but now there is a problem. The box had to be re-addressed from having a public address to a private address. The firewall then takes care of the NAT from public to private address. Everything works fine from the outside. Here's the problem. Internally, I have to use the private IP address, if I use the public it hangs. This is due to Cisco not exiting the firewall and re-entering. In the config file, the public is hard-coded and therefore hangs internally. If i change it to the private address it works fine, but then from the outside no one can get in.

Please, I desparately need help!!!
    My boss is riding me on this one.

Tony Anderson
    Network Administrator
    The HomeMaker's Idea Co.
  • poolking
    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by heyyou06
    Here is the situation....

Previously, my site worked perfectly fine. My company just moved buildings and purchased brand new networking equipment including a slew of Cisco stuff. Nice, but tricky to work with.

Here is the problem. In the config, you have to define the ip address of the mysql server. Fine before but now there is a problem. The box had to be re-addressed from having a public address to a private address. The firewall then takes care of the NAT from public to private address. Everything works fine from the outside. Here's the problem. Internally, I have to use the private IP address, if I use the public it hangs. This is due to Cisco not exiting the firewall and re-entering. In the config file, the public is hard-coded and therefore hangs internally. If i change it to the private address it works fine, but then from the outside no one can get in.

Please, I desparately need help!!!
    My boss is riding me on this one.

Tony Anderson
    Network Administrator
    The HomeMaker's Idea Co.
    http://www.homemakersidea.com
    Just type in localhost as the mysql server address.

Comment

• heyyou06
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by poolking
      Just type in localhost as the mysql server address.
      I tried that, and it said it could not connect to localhost?

Comment

• poolking
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by heyyou06
        I tried that, and it said it could not connect to localhost?
        Try 127.0.0.1 instead.

Comment

• heyyou06
          • Jan 2003

Nope, no dice.....

Anyone have any ideas on why this isn't working?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...