Can you just move forums and posts? Sever Move!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dano
    • Jun 2003

Can you just move forums and posts? Sever Move!

Is it possible to just move the posts and forums to a new database and NOT the templetes and everything else? I want to start with a hack free board and just want to move my members, posts and the forums. Is this possible?
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The threads and posts are basically bound the database they are in. To move just the threads and posts would take some doing. For help with that you will need to post on www.vbulletin.org .

The better way to remove your hacks is to remove them from your existing database. There are 3 kinds of hacks:

1) File hacks. To remove file hacks simply upload the original files, overwriting the hacked files.

2) Template hacks. To remove template hacks simply revert to the default style in your Admin CP.

3) Database hacks. These can be tricky if you don't have a record of all the hacks you have installed. You can always install a fresh vBulletin database and use a MySQL frontend like phpmyadmin to compare your database with the fresh one to see what tables and fields are extra and then remove them.

Comment

• dano
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jakeman
      The threads and posts are basically bound the database they are in. To move just the threads and posts would take some doing. For help with that you will need to post on www.vbulletin.org .

The better way to remove your hacks is to remove them from your existing database. There are 3 kinds of hacks:

1) File hacks. To remove file hacks simply upload the original files, overwriting the hacked files.

2) Template hacks. To remove template hacks simply revert to the default style in your Admin CP.

3) Database hacks. These can be tricky if you don't have a record of all the hacks you have installed. You can always install a fresh vBulletin database and use a MySQL frontend like phpmyadmin to compare your database with the fresh one to see what tables and fields are extra and then remove them.
      Hey thanks for a helpful response. I think thats my best bet. When I close my site down to move it, I will do everything you outlined above and then move it. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...