X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TidusX
    • Nov 2003

Is vBulletin Free?

Can you download it and have it for free?
  • TheComputerGuy
    • Apr 2001

Incorrect. It costs $160 for a lifetime license or $85 for a leased license.

Well worth it!

Comment

• TidusX
      • Nov 2003

That sucks...Im out of here

Comment

• assassingod
        • Apr 2003
        • 3.5.x

Not really, vBulletin is a product of Jelsoft and since they are a business they need to sell their product to make a profit

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

>.> vBulletin is probally the most powerfull software on the market and is more than worth the 85 a year or 160 for life ^^

Comment

• padmaster
            • Mar 2003
            • 3.0.0 Beta 5

sure, the free version comes with free hardware too........handcuffs

Comment

• Vile
              • Jul 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by TidusX
              That sucks...Im out of here
              How dare a company charge for a product. I mean, the vBulletin support team and the devs spend countless hours helping & working on the software, and they actually have the nerve to charge for it! I'm as surprised as you are.

/end sarcasam
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

• MarkB
                • Apr 2001

I agree with Vile. But I guess the vB guys have to pay for their Porsches and fancy wimmin and conodminimum... condimimium... big bloomin' houses some way.

CAPITALISTS!!!

Comment

• marcgo15

Well you see vBulletin cost money so that they can give you better support and a much better product. I would love to have vBulletin has my forum software . Now if you want a free forum to dowload then PHPBB is what you would want to look at. There both good but at the end vBulletin is the best forum software company out there.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • Dec 2000

guys no need for excessive sarcasm.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Chaotic Reality
                      • May 2003

what's sarcasm?

J.

Comment

• Vile
                        • Jul 2002
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                        guys no need for excessive sarcasm.
                        Alright, I'll hush up.

We're on your side though, so keep that in mind
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by TidusX
                          Can you download it and have it for free?
                          vBulletin is a professional bulletin board software which isn't free for download. The license agreement might seem a bit high, but you do get a one time fee for a lifetime use. And they even throw in a free 12 months of access to do the download area. If a new version (not just an update, but a complete new version) gets released within those 12 months, you can download that for free. I.e. Microsoft lets you pay the whole deal again or at least 50% through upgrade fees. If after those 12 months you still want to have access because a new version was released, you can, at Any time, renew this access for an additional 12 months. At just a small percentage of the total costs. Rather then having to pay for a whole new license fee.

So far I have received from 2.2.1 to 2.3.2 and beta's from the version 3. All for just $ 160. Imagine going from win95 to 98 to me to 2000 to xp to xp pro to etc. You'd be at least 200$ per os upgrade poorer.

Sorry that this full featured, secure and high performance and easy to use, template controlled and most used forum package isn't what you are looking for. I advice you to find ubb which costs at least tripple the license and otherwise some of those freeware forums which come in several security flawing flavours and not to mention poorly skinnable/controllable and featureless.

You could try to find a sponsor for your web site. Or .. just don't spend to much money on new cool clothes. After a week, you should have it all together. Since I have purchased vBulletin, my site has increased more then expected - and I was already using other forum software too. The small investment has earned itself back through their affiliate program.

Damnit, I only see benefits. And I am sorry that you only see one downside to it.

Comment

• tubedogg
                            • Feb 2001

OK, OK...this thread is going nowhere fast. Thank you for your comments, all. :/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...