Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbhnams2002
    • Jun 2003

help me

anybody know how to set certain profile field as a compulsory field? e.g. birthday. At the moment it is not a required field so user can just leave it blank. thx alot
  • tubedogg
    • Feb 2001

You could use some JavaScript to force the field to be filled in before proceeding, or hack the PHP, but there is no way by default to require built-in fields like that.

Comment

• SmartGnome
      • Mar 2003
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by tubedogg
      You could use some JavaScript to force the field to be filled in before proceeding, or hack the PHP, but there is no way by default to require built-in fields like that.
      Yes I know, have asked this also earlier some times. But in some areas the birthday is mandatory.

For my board it is and I have put a lot of time in try to make it work for me. Also java didn't help me with that. I have moved the birthday field into the upper section of the register template, I have colored all mandatory fields with red ink but still a lot of people are not filling in that field

At this moment I run a querry each hour to move new users without birthday field filled in to the parkinglot of the board till they fix it.

I stated before that vb did solve 98% of our needs and we are very happy since we moved to vb last year. Since there is also a COPPA part in the boardsoft it should be nice to have an option to make birthday mandatory in the user registration part of the admincp, like you did with the age part .

Well I will keep my mouth for the next 2 months about this issue

Thanks anyway

Comment

• Gavin.
        • Jul 2003
        • 3.5.0 Pre-Release

It would be good if all profile fields were manageable.
        If we were able to discuss vB3 hacks I could tell you, it's fairly easy to do... :\

Sounds like a little javascript validator might be your best bet at the moment though!
        http://www.platinum-central.com
        http://www.netforge.com.au

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...