Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anonymouse
    • Apr 2001

Confused about styles (templates)

I tried to build a new style using instructions in one of the threads (that state that I should first download a style, upload it and rename it as a new style). I noticed that after the style upload, not only is a new style created, but also a new template and a new replacement (all called default). I renamed the newly created style and remove the newly added template and replacement.

Unfortunately, if I make changes to the new style (like changing a table border color) they show up in the default style, I am totally confused. How does one make changes to a style and only that style (in other words, I wish to maintain a single default template but many styles).

Can I use multiple styles with the same template or do I need to create a separate template for every single style ? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

A style consists of a replacement set and a template set. The replacement set defines all of the colors, font sizes, etc. The template set contains all of the html code (layout).

You can have styles that use the same replacement / template sets if you want. For example, if you want a style with the same layout as another style but with different colors, then you would have the new style use the same template set but a different replacement set.

Does that help?

Comment

• anonymouse
      • Apr 2001

Thanks for your help, starting to make sense now

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...