X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaelon
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.6.x

Blank Pages & Action Cancelled Messages

Over the past few weeks, our vBulletin has been generating a number of "Blank Pages" and "Action Cancelled Messages" - the types of messages that are generated by the browser, not by the server. An example of one such message is below:

[img]res://C:WINDOWSSystem32shdoclc.dll/pagerror.gif[/img]Action canceled

Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.Please try the following:
    • <LI id=instructionsText2>Click the [img]res://C:WINDOWSSystem32shdoclc.dll/refresh.gif[/img] Refresh button, or try again later.
      <LI id=instructionsText3>If you have visited this page previously and you want to view what has been stored on your computer, click File, and then click Work Offline.
    • For information about offline browsing with Internet Explorer, click the Help menu, and then click Contents and Index.

Internet Explorer

We've tried to determine if the beginning of these error messages coincided with any major change on our server, but cannot find any correlation. They appear to occur most often in the Admin Control Panel, and when submitting Replies (specifically, by pushing form button to cause the server to initiate a response).

These error messages - usually Action Cancelled - seem to be browser-generated, and not server-generated (because our server generates specific error messages through Apache).

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

We're using the latest version of vBulletin 2.3.2., and this issue has been happening in both hacked and unhacked versions of the software.

Thanks,
    Juan
  • Kaelon
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.6.x

I've been doing some testing, and apparently, this is only happening under Internet Explorer.

When I view our site in Netscape or Opera, it works just fine. Have any ideas why that might be?

Thanks,
    Kaelon

Comment

• belindaj
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Kaelon
      I've been doing some testing, and apparently, this is only happening under Internet Explorer.
      I don't know - but I have been having the same problems. Also , my machines are all patched (windows update) but ever since the last round of Windows Update - I can no longer connect to the admin panel AT ALL using IE. One of my other admins who uses Netscape regularly was still able to get into the admin panel with no problem, so I downloaded an old Netscape browser this afternoon and sure enough, I can get into the admin panel with no problem using Netscape.

Anyone have any ideas what may have triggered the change in IE in the past two weeks?

Comment

• belindaj
        • Aug 2002

By the way - yes I have checked all my preferences - they are all set top default and security is medium (as it has always been).

I downloaded a Netscape browser and am able to get to the admin pages through it (4.72)

I downloaded the current Opera browser (7.2) and it also does NOT allow me to connect to the admin page. No errors, just no page at all.

I am using the exact same URL from all my browsers (from a "bookmarks" page I set up with my own personalized bookmarks - it's just plain text hyperlinks)

Anyone?

Comment

• Jim Westergren
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.5.x

Sorry for bumping this thread but there was no solution written here.

I am also getting blank pages as well as my visitors and members in my new forum.

In both internet explorer and Firefox.
          Also in the admin panel.
          Happens in 10-30% of the page loads.
          I use the absolute latest VB version and also the latest vBSEO version (URL rewrite etc.)
          It started after the URL rewrite was done.

Is it the hosting server that doesn't manage?

Please help, thanks.
          SEO-Forum.se | JimWestergren.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...