X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fiNal
    • Jan 2003
    • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 3

problems with admincp

hey i just changed my usergroup from administrator to registered - since then, all admins only have announcement, moderation and statistics & logs in admincp (this is less than they could do in modcp), but they still can access admincp... me also, i changed back my usergroup trough phpmyadmin... i'm also the "super administrator" in config-file, userid 1...

anyone knows whats wrong here?

sorry for my bad english I hope, you understand me anyway
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

The main Admin needs to assign the appropriate permissions:

Admin CP -> User Groups -> Administrator Permissions -> [Edit Permissions]
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• fiNal
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The main Admin needs to assign the appropriate permissions:

Admin CP -> User Groups -> Administrator Permissions -> [Edit Permissions]
      no admin can access it anymore - the mainadmin was me :] every admin sees only what the screen shows above.

can you give me the data for usergroupid 6, so i could check if i can change this trough phpmyadmin.

btw: we still can do everything with threads for example, view ip-adresses and so on... strange thing

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Set yourself as Super Admin in config.php:

PHP Code:
        // ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
        // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
        // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
        $superadministrators 'x'
        With 'x' being your userid of course.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• fiNal
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Set yourself as Super Admin in config.php:

PHP Code:
          // ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
          // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
          // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
          $superadministrators 'x'
          With 'x' being your userid of course.
          read my first post :[

Originally posted by includes/config.php
          // ****** SUPER ADMINISTRATORS ******
          // The users specified below will have permission to access the administrator permissions
          // page, which controls the permissions of other administrators
          $superadministrators = '1';

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Sorry then, I really don't know what else to suggest. AFAIK you should have full access to the Admin CP if you are Super Admin. Maybe it has something to do with the change you made via phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• fiNal
              • Jan 2003

dont think so, i just ran this query:
              Code:
              UPDATE user SET usergroupid='6' WHERE userid='1'
              and the problems appeared in exactly that moment when i changed my usergroup to registered, cause another admin loged into admincp in this moment and wrote me about the problem by icq. i changed back my usergroupid trough the query above and saw the same thing as he saw...

maybe this happens if the superadmin in config.php isnt in usergroup administrators?

Comment

• fiNal
                • Jan 2003

Hi, I am a friend of final using his account because he is asleep or something. Actually I am the one who was experiencing the problems with missing items in the navigation frame.

Doing some tests I can somehow explain how this problem occurs. The function can_administer checks the database table "administrator" for his rights. When removing a user from the administrator usergroup, the entry with his userid gets removed from the table. This seems logical. After adding the same user or any other user to the administrator usergroup the userid gets added (again), but the bitfield has the value 0 preventing the newly added user to do anything in the admincp. As far as the super admin is supposed to add specific rights to the newly added user this still makes sense (I've never been a super admin until yesterday, so I don't know what his exact purpose is yet). Now here's the "but": Even a super administrator (set in config.php) can't access the admincp if there is no entry in the administrator table or if the adminpermissions field is set to 0. I do not know if this field is supposed to override super admin status, but even if it is that makes no sense.

Adding or editing an entry in the administrator table and setting the value of the adminpermissions to 65535 fixes the missing entries in the navigation frame.

Comment

• fiNal
                  • Jan 2003

acually i was out for a beer with some friends This crazy guy spent the whole evening on searching tables, am i right? and you still remember my password - this aint funny :[

@vbulletin devs: probably you should have a look at that... i'll send a bugreport

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...