Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vB3Dev.Com

Please HELP?

Ok, please tell me what you think of this forum's

speed (and let me know what connection you have?)
    colors
    appeal
    overall look and feel?

Thanks!
  • bahawolf
    • Oct 2002

Speed: Fair (Fast cable connection)
    Colors: Fair (6/10)
    Appeal: Poor (4/10)
    Overall Look and feel: Its ok... but there is way too many forums.

Comment

• vB3Dev.Com

and I need Moderators

Comment

• vB3Dev.Com

but there is way too many forums.
        Well, I plan on developing the forum into a real solid community forum thus need to cover all bases/subjects.

Comment

• Kathy
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

A common misconception, I think.

Start with a few categories. As the traffic and the needs arise, split a forum or two and make a few more, moving appropriate threads into the right place.

A community just starting out with little traffic shouldn't have tons of forums with a few threads in each one...because it doesn't appear to be busy.

If the perception is alot of forums and no activity, visitors will rarely register because its got a ghost town look.

Make it smaller...with same activity going on in fewer forums and the perception can be altered retaining visitors to be members, members to be active.

The biggest mistake I've seen forum developers make is to start with way too many forums for little traffic.
          Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

• bahawolf
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Kathy
            A common misconception, I think.

Start with a few categories. As the traffic and the needs arise, split a forum or two and make a few more, moving appropriate threads into the right place.

A community just starting out with little traffic shouldn't have tons of forums with a few threads in each one...because it doesn't appear to be busy.

If the perception is alot of forums and no activity, visitors will rarely register because its got a ghost town look.

Make it smaller...with same activity going on in fewer forums and the perception can be altered retaining visitors to be members, members to be active.

The biggest mistake I've seen forum developers make is to start with way too many forums for little traffic.
            Yup... very good point. Thats what I meant.

Comment

• vB3Dev.Com

Well, the forum has been up 3 hours and it seems to have a great deal of traffic

Comment

• InSite
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by pHpLords.Net
                Well, the forum has been up 3 hours and it seems to have a great deal of traffic
                And it seemed as though you were asking for input as well...

You have 11 members, 4 of which have posted. This isnt a great deal of traffic, and the only reason you have that many is because you are spamming here.

You really need a title at the top of the page - perhaps the forum title next to the globe thing you have. And your copyright text is tiny...

Comment

• f-a_org
                  • Nov 2002

Yes, and a differen't style (Looks at site, and mumbles as he creates style).
                  Too many forums.

and It's fast.
                  but I wouldn't know what site I was at if I just followed the link.

Comment

• vB3Dev.Com

Too many forums.
                    Not really. The forums are set up that way to make everyone feel welcome and not feel confined to only a few subject matters.

Max

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                      • Aug 2000

Looks like a boring cheap ripoff of the Macintosh User Interface which is old even on Macintosh related sites let alone one that has nothing to do with computers. Be original and come up with something interesting instead of following the crowd.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kathy
                        • May 2000
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by pHpLords.Net
                        Not really. The forums are set up that way to make everyone feel welcome and not feel confined to only a few subject matters.

Max
                        :shrug:

Amazing your expertise in such a short time.

13 members in one day isn't "traffic". The day I put my forums up, I had several hundred registered the first day.

But that isn't the point of my post.

Its a bit annoying for you to post your links, ask for input "HELP" and when suggestions are made you have an excuse why the input you are given isn't adequate.

------>You have too many forums. <---------

------>You have too many unrelated topic forums<----------

If the forums are for politics, make it politics. Not sex, gaming, UFOs, music, fitness and other assorted bags....A general "chat" is fine for the catch all for unrelated topics.

But why do I go on?

Since nothing suggested has been met with "hey! great idea! I'll work on that...." but rather argument, why ask us at all?

What do we know?
                        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

• butty
                          • Jun 2001

aye i think theres too many forum sections on there - from my experience the lesser sections the better.

listen to people who you are asking advice from - there giving you the suggestions to help ya out
                          http://

Comment

• Stryker
                            • Sep 2001
                            • 3.0.0 Beta 5

I've clicked on this link in each of your spam posts and I've yet to see the forum because it never works for me. It may help to find a reliable host before you do anything else.

Comment

• vB3Dev.Com

LOL! I have one of the best hosts there is. The problem is not with my host or site but with your browser configs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...