Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChefDude
    • Aug 2003

Background from color to images

Can someone post me a link to where I can read to change my forum from using a back ground color to using a back ground image?

I want to begin with the main table and work in aplying difrent images to gain some texture and coheisiveness with my site.

ChefDude
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> [fonts/colors/etc] -> Page Background Color

To use a background image for the main table, set this field to:

#000000" BACKGROUND="images/background.gif

Notice the placement of the quotes. Then upload the background.gif image to your forum/images directory.

Comment

• ChefDude
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Jakeman
      Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> [fonts/colors/etc] -> Page Background Color

To use a background image for the main table, set this field to:

#000000" BACKGROUND="images/background.gif

Notice the placement of the quotes. Then upload the background.gif image to your forum/images directory.

Ok that worked great, now where it says body tag and there is a form there to control the outter table what would I put there to make that have a background image.

also will that other sugestion work with all other tables and cells where you have the abilty to select color?

ChefDude

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Yes, that same code will work for the other background color fields.

By "outter table" do you mean the page body? You can add a background image to your body by editing the body tag. Add this after the bgcolor property:

BACKGROUND="images/background.gif"

Comment

• ChefDude
          • Aug 2003

By "outter table" do you mean the page body? You can add a background image to your body by editing the body tag. Add this after the bgcolor property:

Ok thanks,

Last question how do I get rid of that white stripe on the same line as the nav buttons?

Rick

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Remove menu_background.gif from your header template.
            Steve Machol, Founder of the OptiBoard Discussion Forums for Eyecare Professionals

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• ChefDude
              • Aug 2003

Yes I do here is the default line in the body tage how and where do i add the info back to my image?

<body bgcolor="#666696" text="#000000" id="all" leftmargin="10" topmargin="10" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" link="#000020" vlink="#000020" alink="#000020">

Rick

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...