X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falcovolante
    • Jun 2003

some questions before I buy vb

Some questions:

1) if I buy vb licence now, what version will I get?
    Will I get 2.3.0 or 3.0 beta4?
    And if I get versione 3.0 will I also get upgrades if I have a leased licence?

2) with a leased licence can I run vbulletin on 2 different forums on the same domain? For istance:

Thanks for answering
  • Cary
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.6.x

1) You can download either version. And, with the leased license, you will get software updates for one year.

2) No, you'll need two licenses for that.

Comment

• falcovolante
      • Jun 2003

I have two more questions that weren´t on my mind before, sorry

1) does vb use a lot of bandwidth? The forum I use now is wbb and it uses too much bandwidth (I do not have more than 10-15 regular posters and not so much graphic running)

2) are the ITALIAN templates available for vb version 2.3.8 and 3.0?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

1. That's impossible to answer. It depends on how many graphics you use, the size and number of file attachments, and how busy your forums are.

2. There are no official Italian templates at this time.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• webbydesigninc
          • Jul 2003

Question

I want to set up a school site that has 2 general areas. Like from the home page, you chose current student or alumni. Will I need 2 vbulletin licenses for that or is their a way to split the areas? I have a school site now that uses vbulletin, but it is an alumni only site. I haven't figured out how to divert it into 2 areas.

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by falcovolante
            Some questions:

1) if I buy vb licence now, what version will I get?
            Will I get 2.3.0 or 3.0 beta4?
            And if I get versione 3.0 will I also get upgrades if I have a leased licence?

2) with a leased licence can I run vbulletin on 2 different forums on the same domain? For istance:

Thanks for answering
            2. If you simply want to run localized versions of the same forum, you can do that with one license in vB3 (if they're at the same URL) because of the addition of language packs and phrases in templates.

You can always fake running two forums, but you need a license for each set of PHP files that you run.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• falcovolante
              • Jun 2003

hacks

Are the hacks at vbullettin.org allready available for vb3.0 beta4?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

No, they are not. They will not be rewritten until the code is final. Also some will no longer be necessary because of the new features in vB3.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...