movieforums.net
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

• IDN
      • Apr 2002
      • 3.5.x

[Comments violated this rule and were removed:

5. As a last request: Please write only positive comments. If you must write something negative please add a suggestion on how what you don't like may be improved. Thanks.
      If you have any more opinions/ ideas for other guidelines or opinions on these guidelines, please feel free to post them
      ]

It was hard, since i don't like any of them, but i would have to choose runaken because out of them it's the best

I Do like wiregamers style, but looks too much like a ravio ripoff and not done by themselves
      Last edited by Steve Machol; Mon 2 Jun '03, 12:36pm.
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• HexOnxOnx
        • Apr 2003
        • 3.7.x

I have to go with vbpanel.com. The site looks neat and is useful. The colors are easy on the eyes. I also like the postbit alot, haven't seen anything like that yet. Yeah I would love to see this forum win.

Wiredgamers was good but it is a Ravio type skin, I could tell by some of the post icons in the thread displays, I have the same icons in a Ravio skin I bought. I'm just not into those type of skins/styles anymore let alone games forums.
        http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

• Bane
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by IDN
          I Do like wiregamers style, but looks too much like a ravio ripoff and not done by themselves
          Call me crazy but didnt someone from Ravio MAKE that forum? Thus it's hardly a ripoff now is it?

Comment

• Vile
            • Jul 2002
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Bane
            Call me crazy but didnt someone from Ravio MAKE that forum?
            You are correct.
            Webmaster / Administrator
            www.MegaGames.com
            www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Breaker
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.8.x

my vote goes towards vbpanel.com
              Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

• d2alio
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by IDN
                I REFUSE to vote for nekio.com, the owner was a big ass to me when i was on one of his computer forums.

It was hard, since i don't like any of them, but i would have to choose runaken because out of them it's the best

Someone obviously didn't do their homework lol Yes, I at Ravio did make that design, coded by Xelation. If you look in the portfolio, as well as on the main page you'll see it listed as our design. I also find the term 'ravio ripoff' to be pretty funny considering all you really meant was that it looked really great, but because it was 'so great looking' that makes it a 'ravio ripoff?" Pretty interesting theory you got there.
                Last edited by d2alio; Mon 2 Jun '03, 3:31pm.
                Dameon White, Lead Designer
                InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
                vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
                09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!

Comment

• DirectPixel
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.5.x

My vote goes to WiredGamers.

If anyone has ever made their own complete style for vBulletin, you'll know how complicated and time-consuming it is. WiredGamers goes many steps beyond the 'traditional' aspect of just skinning a forum, but actually mods the whole user experience.

It's obvious that lots of hard work, time, and effort was put into it. Likewise, the community itself is great. While it may be a forum related to gaming, I think it's put together very well and very thoughtfully.

The members and staff are nice to each other, and there's not a lot of low-level bickering and useless chit-chatting.

You could ask me billions more questions about why I chose WiredGamers, and I'll answer it all for you.

MovieForums gets a second from me, followed by Nekio and Runaked.
                  :)

Comment

• Arkham
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 4.1.x

Nekio gets the vote. Sharp and balanced in terms of layout, features, and theme. I like the muted colours and layout, but the double-line link highlights are a distinct no-no.

WiredGamers would get my vote, but it looks like (and I say this somewhat affectionately) The Cartoon That Blew Itself Up. I really want to like it, but the visual design completely overwhelms the user experience. Technically it's a great job with a staggering amount of customization, but I think that visually it needs to be reigned so that the content has room to breathe. Nevertheless, it's a deserving winner that doesn't need my vote.

Comment

• Xelation
                      • Jan 2002
                      • 3.0.0 Beta 5

Originally posted by d2alio
                      Someone obviously didn't do their homework lol Yes, I at Ravio did make that design, coded by Corey.
                      correction d2alio, is it just me or did you forget that I spent a week coding that design and I get credit by saying corey coded it?

Comment

• d2alio
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Xelation
                        correction d2alio, is it just me or did you forget that I spent a week coding that design and I get credit by saying corey coded it?
                        doh! my bad man! I was thinking about the first version! Yes, haha...Xelation coded this style and he's an employee there as well.

My vote goes to WiredGamers.

If anyone has ever made their own complete style for vBulletin, you'll know how complicated and time-consuming it is. WiredGamers goes many steps beyond the 'traditional' aspect of just skinning a forum, but actually mods the whole user experience.

It's obvious that lots of hard work, time, and effort was put into it. Likewise, the community itself is great. While it may be a forum related to gaming, I think it's put together very well and very thoughtfully.

The members and staff are nice to each other, and there's not a lot of low-level bickering and useless chit-chatting.

You could ask me billions more questions about why I chose WiredGamers, and I'll answer it all for you.

MovieForums gets a second from me, followed by Nekio and Runaked.
                        *sniff*
                        Last edited by d2alio; Mon 2 Jun '03, 2:11pm.

Comment

• IDN
                          • Apr 2002
                          • 3.5.x

Sorry, it says design by: d2alio, not by ravio, so i took it as you made it
                          Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• d2alio
                            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by IDN
                            Sorry, it says design by: d2alio, not by ravio, so i took it as you made it
                            still...what difference does it make whether ravio or I made the design? obviously you are giving credit to the design, but then you take it away simply because you thought 'it wasn't a ravio design'? (as you thought) Makes no sense.

Comment

• Cipciop
                              • Jun 2002

I'm vote wiredgamers.com .

Very well .

Comment

• joeboo
                                • Feb 2003

my vote definetly goes to WiredGamers. I was utterly impressed. Even though, countless of ignorant fools keep saying "its a yaxay rip off or ravio rip off", its pretty much a compliment, since it looks that great. Kudos to you d2alio and your staff (or whoever else helped), I enjoy the skin very much, as well as the nice site. I hope one day Wired Gamers will be on top with other big game websites.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...