Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reno
    • May 2003

vB 2.3 E-mail Notification

Some members are thinking they are getting spammed by us. To prevent this, I want to make it so when they register, even if they don't know that E-mail Notification thing, it's already at No.

When I installed it, it was on Yes, so everyone who signs up gets Yes on that. I would like it No when they goto register. Anyway to change it to No in the ACP?

Thanks.
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify -> [expand list] -> Registration Templates -> registeradult and registercoppa

Remove the code in red, add the code in green.

<tr>
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Use 'Email Notification' by default</b></normalfont><br>
    <smallfont>Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.</smallfont></td>
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="yes" checked> yes
    <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="no" checked> no
    </normalfont></td>
    </tr>

Now the email notification option will be set to "No" by default ont he registration form.

Comment

• Reno
      • May 2003

Already says...

<tr>
      <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Use 'Email Notification' by default</b></normalfont><br>
      <smallfont>Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.</smallfont></td>
      <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="no" > no
      </normalfont></td>
      </tr>

in the templates. I don't really understand what you mean by Remove the code in red, add the code in green.

[EDIT] Understand it now.

Comment

• cbhale
        • Apr 2003
        • 3.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Originally posted by Reno
        Already says...

<tr>
        <input type="radio" name="emailnotification" value="no" > no
        </normalfont></td>
        </tr>

in the templates. I don't really understand what you mean by Remove the code in red, add the code in green.

[EDIT] Understand it now.

He is saying the items in the code above that are colored with red & green needs to be removed/deleted.

Not the whole code, just the word checked

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...