Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LancerForums
    • Aug 2001

Problems w/ 2checkout.com | Looking for a Better Solution

Lately 2checkout.com has been horrible. One of my vendors has been receiving failed to bill emails even though his card is fine. I've come to learn this has become an epidemic for other customers and 2checkout hasn't done a thing about it. I sent in a support ticket and got 0 responses about it. I also hate the lack of admin features... I can't update recurring billing info, I can't remove certain items, it's slow to load my purchasing info, and it's also confusing to look at.

Does anyone know of a better way to handle payments. I was thinking about using something like Verisign's Payflow Pro and getting a merchant account. I do have PayPal, but they're just as bad. The nice thing about 2checkout.com was the lack of monthly fees.

Thanks,

Mark
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

I have not heard any bad things about 2checkout so far, you are the first. I did hear a lot of 'good enough' things about paypal. Maybe it is a good temporary solution untill 2checkout is back on track or untill you found a better solution to your problem.

Comment

• LancerForums
      • Aug 2001

They weren't bad up until this point. My guess is something went wrong and they're running around trying to fix it, which I can understand, but when there's customers and money on the line, time becomes a factor. Paypal would be an ok solution, but a lot of people shy away because you have to first register and then confrim a credit card for larger payments, etc.

I was looking into a Yahoo store at ~$50 / month, but I can't find out if they can handle recurring billing. If I could find something like Yahaoo, but with recurring billing I would be set.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

• Feral
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.6.x

I've used www.revecom.com in the past & never had any problems with them. No monthly fees, just a one off set up fee & a percentage of each transaction.

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Feral
          I've used www.revecom.com in the past & never had any problems with them. No monthly fees, just a one off set up fee & a percentage of each transaction.
          I see no difference between a monthly fee or a per centage of the transaction.

Comment

• LancerForums
            • Aug 2001

Well, say for example you only sell $500 worth of items per month. You would save money with a per transaction format vs. always spending $50 or $60 per month + merchant account fees.

It would really depend on how much you sell and what the monthly fee or percentage taken are.

Mark

Comment

• Feral
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.6.x

If your not making enough to cover the monthly fee, then your paying out off your own pocket. With a percentage of each transaction, you only pay on what you sell.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Ok, but I still see no reason why I should pay them but nm.

Comment

• MarkB
                  • Apr 2001

I use 2Checkout.com too, and they've made changes recently (such as, orders MUST be shipped within 7 days or the charge is reversed - and if you say it's shipped when it isn't, you'll be removed from their system. Too bad if something's backordered, huh?). Their customer service rep on their forums is blatantly rude to customers - all in all, it's getting very dissapointing...

If I could afford to, I'd just get a merchant account, but I can't, so I'll have to stick with 2checkout.com for now

Comment

• Chen
                    • Jun 2001

2CheckOut? Problems? No, that can't be...............

Just take a look at their "support" forums:

Threads go unanswered for days and even weeks, and then they just "disappear" out of the blue.

People are complaining left and right about unsuccessful orders and none of the workers seem to mind enough to even post and comment on the situation.
                    And this Wadsworth guy is a real something... don't be surprised if he calls you an idiot and then delete 10 more irrelevant posts.

If I could switch to a better and mroe professional payment processor I would...
                    Chen Avinadav
                    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

• MarkB
                      • Apr 2001

Ever tried CCNow.com? I used to use them ages ago, and it seems they've made some changes lately... might be worth a shot (I'm definitely looking into it!).

Comment

• Chen
                        • Jun 2001

Nope, never looked at them... I will though, thanks!
                        Chen Avinadav
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

• klisis
                          • May 2000

2checkout.com has been getting bad reputations very recently on WHT.

Comment

• Chen
                            • Jun 2001

CCNow seems a bit expensive to me... "9% of your total sales in excess of $100.00". With 2CheckOut it's only 5.5% and $0.45.
                            Chen Avinadav

Comment

• Floris
                              • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Chen
                              CCNow seems a bit expensive to me... "9% of your total sales in excess of $100.00". With 2CheckOut it's only 5.5% and $0.45.
                              Maybe CCNow uses their income to get quality personal and improve their service, and maybe 2checkout can't do that because they ask too little?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...