Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 0ptima
    • Jan 2002

Custom Profile Fields

I added a new Custom Profile Field that people fill out when signing up. I would like to add it in the 'author' box under the 'registered' and 'location' fields. Im running VB 2.2.3.

Would this be considered a 'hack'? Would i lose it if I upgraded to a new version of VB? thanks!
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify -> [expand list] -> Postbit Templates -> [expand] -> postbit -> [edit]

you will see the 'registered' and 'location' parts towards the top of this template. just add $post[fieldX] where you want the custom field to be... where X is the number of the custom field. to find out the custom field numbers go to:

Admin CP -> User Profile Fields -> Modify

mouse-over the [edit] links for each field, the number is at the end of the url that shows in the bottom of your browser window.

Comment

• 0ptima
      • Jan 2002

Thanks!!

Worked like a charm!

Comment

• Jwoodall
        • Sep 2002

Perfect.

Thank you.

Comment

• Kahmoon
          • Feb 2002
          • 3.0.0 Gamma

i need a lil help...i found that Template...i was able to add a new one.....but when i want to modify this column and try to make selectbox....i enter the value blah,blub,test.....and save. it doesn´t appear as selectbox...its plain textfield again

Comment

• Jake Bunce
            • Dec 2000
            • 3.6.x

vB2 only supports custom profile fields of the "text input box" type. All custom fields are of that type.

vB3 supports several different kinds of custom profile fields. vB3 is currently in public beta testing. We don't have a set date for it's final release.

Comment

• Marcel Lee
              • Mar 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Jakeman
              Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify -> [expand list] -> Postbit Templates -> [expand] -> postbit -> [edit]

you will see the 'registered' and 'location' parts towards the top of this template. just add $post[fieldX] where you want the custom field to be... where X is the number of the custom field. to find out the custom field numbers go to:

Admin CP -> User Profile Fields -> Modify

mouse-over the [edit] links for each field, the number is at the end of the url that shows in the bottom of your browser window.
              I'm trying to do the same, but I don't see "Postbit templates" after I click "expand list".

I see "Forum Display Templates", "User Info Display Templates", etc, but no "Postbit Templates".

Where can I find it???

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                • Dec 2000
                • 3.6.x

It should be there. (see attachment)
                Attached Files

Comment

• Marcel Lee
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.6.x

^

But my display doesn't look like the one you posted. I only see a few of those titles (like "Forum Display Templates" and "User Info Display Templates"). Instead of the spaces (the links) between them having their own titles (for example, "lostpw [change original]", they all say "change original" with no individual titles and "Postbit Templates" is nowhere to be found, no matter how many times I click "expand".

Here's an attachment to show you what I'm talking about...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                    • Dec 2000
                    • 3.6.x

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...