Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saccard
    • May 2009

Timeout but "Remember Me?" is Checked

We have tested vBulletin for several weeks on a separate domain "testdomain.de" together with a drupal installation and the drupal vb module. The forum content came from an existing phorum5

To force users to stay logged in, we modified the template as described in this posting

Everything worked fine: Users could login via drupal and were logged into in vB too. A logout in drupal _or_ vB logged them out in both systems. 15 minutes of inactivity removed them from the active user list, but the stayed logged in.

Then we decided to convert our phorum5 to vB and go live.
    After importing phorum5 data, exporting vB settings from the test site and replicating the template modifications everything seemed to be okay. Everything, except that all users get a logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity!

The cookie settings on the test side were:
    Cookie path: /vbulletin/ (this is the folder of the test installation)
    Cookie domain: .testdomain.de

So we tried on the live site the corresponding settings:
    Cookie path: /forum/ (this is the folder name of the live site)
    Cookie domain: .livedomain.de (in the user defined settings)

Did'nt work. After reading several threads here and on the german support site, we tried the tools.php script and resetted to

Cookie path: /
    Cookie domainempty)

But users are still reporting that they are logged out after the timeout (which is currently set to 10 hours).

Is there anything else that we can check/repair/configure?
  • saccard
    • May 2009

Additional Cookie Informations

okay, I investigated the cookies which were created on both sites. What I found is...

on testsite.de are the following cookies (with "bb"):
    bbpassword
    bbuserid
    bblastacitivty
    bblastvisit
    bbsessionhash
    all valid until November, 5th 2009 (the same time the drupal cookies will expire)
    bbforum_view
    valid until end of session

All cookies with domain ".testsite.de" and path "/"
    As long as I do not delete bbpassword and bbuserid I stay logged in, even if I delete the bbsessionhash (it is recovered at the next page refresh or when I click on a link)

on livesite.de the same cookies but another behaviour. When I delete the bbsessionhash cookie I am logged out and it's not beeing recovered on next page refresh. Also, after logging in on drupal again I'm not logged into the forum. Logout, login an suddenly I have two cookies bbsessionhast one with domain ".livesite.de" and one with domain "livesite.de" (without trailing dot). The same with the cookie bblastactivity. After deleting all cookies everything works fine... until the next logout due to expiration auf bbsessionhash!

What could be wrong?
    Last edited by saccard; Tue 13 Oct '09, 6:27am. Reason: corrected domain name

Comment

• saccard
      • May 2009

okay, problem solved.

Comment